- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Enrollment: 39 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Nova Center, Inc. was founded in 1980 by a small group of parents with great determination and foresight. Nova Center's mission is to provide the highest quality educational and habilitative services to individuals with developmental disabilities, including Autism and Asperger's Syndrome. We believe each individual has the right to reach his or hers highest potential and live and work in the least restrictive environment. Nova Center provides individualized programs geared to all levels of developmental disabilities with the goal of enabling each participant to lead a richer, more independent and productive life. Our school age program (5 years through 21) is accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Students from over 16 area school districts are served because their home districts are not able to meet their educational needs. Nova's small teacher/student ratio and the ability to tailor each educational program enables many students to succeed when more traditional settings have proven unsuccessful. All teachers are certified and complete a professional training program incorporating intensive behavioral, sensory, communicative, and positive behavior support training.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Nova Center?
Endorse Nova Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards