Nebraska Lutheran High School
Nebraska Lutheran High School (NELHS) exists to assist parents and congregations by providing Christian training in the skills and values necessary for loyal service to Jesus Christ for time and eternity.
Through its Christian education program our school strives to provide faithfully for the eternal welfare of each child and to guide him/her in the maximum development in the spiritual, physical and mental abilities given by God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Government|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Steven Bremer|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Team, Musical, National Honor Society, One-Act Play, Quiz Bowl, Speech, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Mission Statement: Nebraska Evangelical Lutheran High School exists to assist parents and congregations by providing Christian training in the skills and values necessary for loyal service to Jesus Christ for time and eternity.
- Vision Statement: Nebraska Evangelical Lutheran High School`s (NELHS) vision is to be a leader in Christian secondary education that is in accordance with the Lutheran Confessions. NELHS is and will continue to be a school where generations come to learn more about their loving God through instruction and guided by his Holy Word.NELHS`s vision includes the following:Fostering Christ-esteem within our students (Learn, Love, Live God`s Word).Cultivating a Christian atmosphere in all areas of student life.Creating a climate of inclusiveness for all levels of learners and all cultures.Providing exceptional academic education that prepares students for college or the workplace.Developing physical talents among the students that give glory to God.Growing our student body so that more young people can learn about Jesus every day.Encouraging and supporting professional, physical, and spiritual development among the faculty.Demonstrating fiscal responsibility in the operation of NELHS.Inspiring association participation and support for NELHS.Enhancing the campus so that all find it welcoming, attractive, and functional.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alliance Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
1104 Cheyenne Ave
Alliance, NE 69301
(308) 762-2315 292.3 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-8 | 102 students
1400 Harvell Drive
Bellevue, NE 68005
(402) 898-4222 82.4 K-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-12 | 334 students
3704 370 Plaza
Bellevue, NE 68123
(402) 292-1030 79.4 PK-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.