New Life Christian Academy
- In 1985 the vision for New Life Christian Academy began in the hearts of the people of New Life Assembly.
- In our first year, the school was held in the church basement.
- Although, as the vision began to spread, it became obvious that God gave our people a heart and a mind to work.
- During that time many worked for low wages and some even worked only for the tuition of their children.
- Before the second year began, the school moved to its present location.
- However, the original facility did not include the two gymnasiums or the secondary building.
- This move was triggered by an extraordinary service one Sunday morning when God moved on the people to pay off the original church mortgage before taking on additional debt.
- It was also interesting that the average age of the congregation was only 25-40 years old.
- These people were just starting careers, had young children, and not particularly established financially.
- Nevertheless, these people gave from the depths of their hearts.
- Their sacrifices included some items that were later converted into cash.
- Some of the gifts included weddings bands, engagement rings, precious stones, an 18 th century Hawkin rifle, a car, a camper, one 150 year old railroad watch, and an uncirculated coin collection.
- Others took out personal loans, some gave away college funds for their children and even monies that had been set aside for vacations.
- All were gifts above and beyond their tithes and everyone who made a commitment that morning kept their vow.
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boomer Grades: Inquire with school | 11 students
1 N Church St
Boomer, WV 25031
(304)442-8967 25.5 Inquire with school
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
225 Newton Ave
Bridgeport, WV 26330
(304)842-1740 76.6 PK-12
- Bunker Hill Grades: 3-12 | 19 students
2395 Middleway Pike
Bunker Hill, WV 25413
(304)229-2210 170.8 3-12
- Charleston Grades: 6-12 | 419 students
1033 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304)342-8415 42.9 6-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.