Newman School of Talmud Torah of St Paul
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (651) 698-8807
The Newman School is a Reggio and Montessori inspired Jewish Early Childhood Program and Elementary School. We pride ourselves on our small, personal, and nurturing classes where every student is known and valued as a unique individual.
Our curriculum is rigorous and explorative, with a focus on hands-on experience, critical thinking, and social justice.
Our programs are rooted in Jewish values and traditions. Within an accepting and egalitarian environment, we encourage each student to grow and thrive regardless of religious affiliation.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Limited needs-based financial assistance available. Payment plan options available.|
|Admissions Director||Heidi Tarshish|
- The Newman School early childhood program draws from the philosophies of Reggio Emelia Schools, Montessori, and Creative Curriculum. In merging the three philosophies, we have created a classroom community that is a place of discovery. Children are given time and space to learn at their own pace in an organized and structured environment.
- Our Elementary Day School is a child-centered program. In addition to academics, we focus on students' social, emotional, creative, and physical development. We seek to nurture the academic, social, and spiritual skills needed to live, work, and play in community. Our small class sizes offer more individual attention and the flexibility to meet each student's needs and challenge them to reach their fullest academic potential. We encourage students to be global citizens, see the world from many perspectives, and use their gifts to help others.
- Highlights of a Newman School education include small class sizes, rigorous academic curriculum, experienced faculty, strong community, daily exposure to nature and the arts, daily Hebrew language instruction and Torah study, and a focus on Jewish values and social justice.
- Now enrolling: Early Childhood ages 33 months - 5 years, Elementary grades K - 5
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Newman School of Talmud Torah of St Paul is Cretin Derham Hall (0.5 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Holy Spirit School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 690-2443 0.5 9-12
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
515 Albert Street S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 698-3353 0.6 PK-8
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 58 students
1758 Ford Pkwy
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 658-0556 0.9 PK-8
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-K | 39 students
2004 Randolph Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55105
(651) 690-6608 1.3 PK-K
We could not be happier with our experience at the Newman school. The teachers and faculty are so committed to their students. The curriculum is rigorous while allowing each child to go at their own pace. Our kindergartner has thrived there this year.
- Posted by Parent - Clare Livingston
We enrolled our daughter in the Newman School as a third grader, and now she's in her fourth-grade year. We couldn`t be happier. Our daughter struggled to get the support she needed in her Saint Paul public school because she was passing her subjects and stayed out of trouble. We later discovered she had ADHD and knew we had to make a change. We heard great things about the Newman School from friends and decided to try it. We've been amazed. The instruction is great, the class sizes are small, and she gets plenty of attention from her classroom teacher. She also gets help with spelling and writing from a separate professional. Before our daughter left public school, she was so unhappy that she begged to stay home almost every day. Now she loves school and can't wait to get there. The whole family is happier.
- Posted by Parent - Jared
The Newman School is an absolute gem! My two boys, ages 6 and 7, have attended the Newman School for the last three years and they are thriving. I love that they are not only receiving a rigorous academic education but also learning about their Jewish heritage, understanding their role as good citizens and neighbors, and practicing values like respect, responsibility, kindness and inclusion. The school is small enough that teachers and staff feel like family, students are challenged and able to move at their own pace, and parents are immediately enveloped in a community of caring. I especially appreciate how quickly the Newman School adapted to COVID, maintaining consistent and safe in-school learning throughout this school year. I could not recommend the Newman School more highly!
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca Noecker
This is a great school that fosters self-confidence, kindness and ethical behavior while delivering excellent academics tailored to each student.
- Posted by Parent - samua
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.