Newman School of Talmud Torah of St Paul
The Newman School is a Reggio and Montessori inspired Jewish Elementary School. We pride ourselves on our small, personal, and nurturing classes where every student is known and valued as a unique individual.
Our curriculum is rigorous and explorative, with a focus on hands-on experience, critical thinking, and social justice.
Our programs are rooted in Jewish values and traditions. Within an accepting and egalitarian environment, we encourage each student to grow and thrive regardless of religious affiliation.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Payment plans and limited need-based financial assistance are available. Payment plan options available.
- Our Elementary Day School is a child-centered program. In addition to academics, we focus on students' social, emotional, creative, and physical development. We seek to nurture the academic, social, and spiritual skills needed to live, work, and play in community. Our small class sizes offer more individual attention and the flexibility to meet each student's needs and challenge them to reach their fullest academic potential. We encourage students to be global citizens, see the world from many perspectives, and use their gifts to help others.
- Highlights of a Newman School education include small class sizes, rigorous academic curriculum, experienced faculty, strong community, daily exposure to nature and the arts, daily Hebrew language instruction and Torah study, and a focus on Jewish values and social justice.
- Now enrolling: Grades K - 5
Profile last updated: 07/21/2021
We could not be happier with our experience at the Newman school. The teachers and faculty are so committed to their students. The curriculum is rigorous while allowing each child to go at their own pace. Our kindergartner has thrived there this year.
We enrolled our daughter in the Newman School as a third grader, and now she's in her fourth-grade year. We couldn`t be happier. Our daughter struggled to get the support she needed in her Saint Paul public school because she was passing her subjects and stayed out of trouble. We later discovered she had ADHD and knew we had to make a change. We heard great things about the Newman School from friends and decided to try it. We've been amazed. The instruction is great, the class sizes are small, and she gets plenty of attention from her classroom teacher. She also gets help with spelling and writing from a separate professional. Before our daughter left public school, she was so unhappy that she begged to stay home almost every day. Now she loves school and can't wait to get there. The whole family is happier.
The Newman School is an absolute gem! My two boys, ages 6 and 7, have attended the Newman School for the last three years and they are thriving. I love that they are not only receiving a rigorous academic education but also learning about their Jewish heritage, understanding their role as good citizens and neighbors, and practicing values like respect, responsibility, kindness and inclusion. The school is small enough that teachers and staff feel like family, students are challenged and able to move at their own pace, and parents are immediately enveloped in a community of caring. I especially appreciate how quickly the Newman School adapted to COVID, maintaining consistent and safe in-school learning throughout this school year. I could not recommend the Newman School more highly!
This is a great school that fosters self-confidence, kindness and ethical behavior while delivering excellent academics tailored to each student.
Endorse Newman School of Talmud Torah of St Paul. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.