North Park Elementary School
- NPES is a private, non-sectarian, Preschool-8 school with a proven record of academic excellence and a community that inspires lifelong learning.
- Through the active involvement of parents and caring professional staff, the school fosters self-motivation, self-discipline and confidence in all its students.
- The school's balanced curriculum combines elements of traditional instruction with experiential learning and the whole-child approach to ensure that every student achieves his or her maximum potential.
- Along with the core subjects, fine arts, foreign language, physical education, and technology are an integral part of the curriculum at all grade levels.
- Active, hands-on learning through field trips and cultural activities supplement the teachers' lessons.
- In middle school (6th - 8th grades) departmentalization enables students to enjoy core-subject classes taught by teachers specializing in science, math, social studies and language arts.
- NPES students consistently perform above national norms and demonstrate exceptional academic and social capabilities.
- NPES students recently scored in the 99th percentile nationally on the Iowa Tests.
- All of last year's graduates are now attending one of their top choices for high school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||10% discount for siblings|
|Admissions Director||Anne Zagotta|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Intramurals, Jazz Band, Mandarin Chinese, Robot City, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Tae Kwon Do, Theatre, Yearbook|
What sets NPES apart is our strong sense of community. Here, involved parents work closely with dedicated teachers to nurture each child's full potential. Because we're a small school, your child has more opportunities to shine. Small classes allow teachers to really get to know your child, tailoring instruction to how your student learns best. Whether they're learning physics by dropping eggs down a 2nd floor stairwell...or re-enacting immigrants arriving at Ellis Island, our students are inspired to learn. Your child will be, too.
- Independent, non-sectarian school: Preschool-8th
- Academic excellence - test scores in the top 1% of schools nationwide
- Art, Music, Spanish, Drama, Gym, Science Olympiad
- Graduates attend Chicago's top high schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 167 students
8622 W Catalpa Ave
Chicago, IL 60656
(773)714-0646 8.4 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
3730 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)271-2700 1.3 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 3.4 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.