St. Viator Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (773) 545-2173
- St. Viator Elementary School is a Catholic school deeply committed to the development of the mind, body, and soul of each unique student.
- Under the sponsorship of St. Viator Parish, our school mission is to instill, for life, a love of learning, a respect for all people, and a commitment to Catholic social justice and peace.
- Our partnership with parents, parish, and community enables us to provide our culturally diverse student body with a quality education, St. Viator Elementary School strives for academic excellence by developing the individual potential of each student through our dedicated faculty and staff, extensive curriculum, extracurricular activities, and service.
- The school's educational programs provide spiritual, academic and technical challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for KDG through 8th grades)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 22 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,050|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marge Tiritilli|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Scholars, Drama Club, Enrichment Clubs
- Highly qualified teachers and support staff ensure rigorous instruction tailored to every child
- Test scores consistently outperform local and national averages
- Challenging academic curriculum uses latest interactive technology
- World Language program offers instruction in 23 languages
- Next generation STEM instruction emphasized in all grades
- "Peacebuilder" program reinforces positive values & behavior rooted in Catholic teaching
- A variety of extracurricular activities benefit individual child and community spirit Leading sports instruction in basketball, cross-country, and volleyball
- High quality and caring before and after school child care
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
2017 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 327-3144 2.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 194 students
6143 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634
(773) 736-8806 2.6 PK-8
- Round Lake Grades: PK-8 | 142 students
118 Lincoln Ave
Round Lake, IL 60073
(847) 546-1720 33.6 PK-8
I''m a resident of Old Irving and absolutely love our historic neighborhood! When my girls approached school age, I started looking into potential schools nearby. Unfortunately CPS provided nothing but headaches- between their crazy lotteries, distance challenged schools and larger class sizes. So I had to think outside the box. That's how I ended up sending my non-Catholic girls to St. Viator and couldn't be happier. :) St. Viator puts an emphasis on academics, community and smaller class sizes. They even increased the school day to include more math into the curriculum. Teachers leverage online programs like Super Kids (reading), Rosetta Stone (language) and Go Math. I admire how teachers are actively involved and use creative techniques to engage and inspire their students. Peace Builders are also core to their education and I can see a difference in how my girls treat people kindly and with respect. As a working parent, we take full advantage of the after school care and wonderful enrichment programs. So far they''ve taken chess, hip hop, drama and building robots. Our evenings consist of doing homework, peppered with fun activities such as brownies or bitty basketball. But in the end, what really matters is that they are happy, challenged and surrounded by people who love and support them at school. Which is why I''m so glad we found such a wonderful neighborhood school that my girls are thriving at.
- Posted by Parent - karyn
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.