Gateway Montessori School
Tel: (773) 539-3025
Gateway Montessori is a small, family centered non-profit school serving children 15 months to 12 years.
We are licensed by the City of Chicago and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We are one of only a few schools in Chicago to be recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
Gateway Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,150|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||two full or half day summer programs are offered; mid June through mid July, and mid July through mid August.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no uniforms, comfortable clothing, no licensed character images)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,869|
|Tuition Notes||different programs are different cost depending on full or half day enrollment, current tuition rates available on the website|
- Gateway Montessori is a small, family centered non-profit school serving children 15 months to 12 years. We are licensed by the City of Chicago and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. We are one of only a few schools in Chicago to be recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
- Gateway Montessori has been in operation since 2006, and moved to a newly built facility in June of 2017. Each classroom has floor to ceiling windows, and the building features large communal areas and a fenced garden play area.
- Our programs are 5 days a week, full or half day.
- Community:15 months to 3 years.
- Children`s House:3 years to 6 years.
- Elementary:6 years to 12 years, full day.
- Please call the school to join a Tour & Chat held the first Monday of the month.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS | 22 students
2239 W. Lawrence Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 728-1200 2.3 NS
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 266-3381 5.7 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-7 | 124 students
1713 W Cullom Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 525-4358 2.9 PK-7
- Chicago Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
1335 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 243-0977 6 PK-6
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.