Brickton Montessori School
Brickton Montessori School Photo #2 - Team. Work. Two heads can be better than one when there’s a challenge to puzzle out. In a Montessori classroom, children often spontaneously come together to find practical solutions to everyday problems.
Brickton Montessori School Photo #3 - Focus. Group. Sharing ideas and working through challenges together can be the difference between just going to school and being part of a learning community. At Brickton, focused moments of group effort are simply business as usual.
Brickton Montessori School Photo #4 - Eye. Witness. In a world centered at a child’s eye level, big discoveries are an everyday occurrence where a child becomes a scientist, an innovator, an engineer, an educator.
Brickton Montessori School Photo #5 - Floor. Plan. Why limit a classroom to rows of desks? Learning unfolds naturally when a child is physically relaxed and mentally engaged. Sometimes a rug can be the best launching pad.
Brickton Montessori School Photo #6 - Information. Technology. From discovering the technology of a simple machine to creating a multi-media presentation, students build a solid foundation to make sense of our world, using deliberate observation and evaluation of information.
Brickton Montessori School is located at the far northwest side of Chicago, at 8622 West Catalpa, Chicago, IL. We are a five minute drive from O`Hare International Airport and a 10 minute walk to the CTA Blue Line train.
Brickton Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), and is a full member of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS). We are registered and recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) as a Non-Public School and area member of the Illinois Non-Public School Association. We hold licenses from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and the City of Chicago. Brickton is a tax-exempt organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is a non-sectarian, non-profit, corporation managed by a board of directors.
Our Mission Brickton Montessori School is a community of learners working together to provide a Montessori educational experience that engages and inspires students to become life-long learners, and responsible participants in our diverse global community.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 167 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, Mild Learning DIfferences
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- Brickton Montessori School, located on Chicago's Northwest Side, is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). This is a voluntary accreditation in which schools are measured against the highest possible standards in all areas including faculty and staff, curriculum and facilities. Brickton has demonstrated our commitment to quality and growth through participation in these accreditations. Celebrating 30 years of excellence, Brickton offers a hands-on learning experience enhanced by low student to teacher ratios, extended hours, and a variety of on-site extra-curricular classes. Educating children ages 24 months through Middle School. To find out more about Brickton or to schedule an admissions conversation and tour - visit us at www.brickton.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endorse Brickton Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
So Many Choices
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.