Brickton Montessori School
Team. Work. Two heads can be better than one when there’s a challenge to puzzle out. In a Montessori classroom, children often spontaneously come together to find practical solutions to everyday problems.
Focus. Group. Sharing ideas and working through challenges together can be the difference between just going to school and being part of a learning community. At Brickton, focused moments of group effort are simply business as usual.
Eye. Witness. In a world centered at a child’s eye level, big discoveries are an everyday occurrence where a child becomes a scientist, an innovator, an engineer, an educator.
Floor. Plan. Why limit a classroom to rows of desks? Learning unfolds naturally when a child is physically relaxed and mentally engaged. Sometimes a rug can be the best launching pad.
Information. Technology. From discovering the technology of a simple machine to creating a multi-media presentation, students build a solid foundation to make sense of our world, using deliberate observation and evaluation of information.
- Brickton Montessori School is located at the far northwest side of Chicago, at 8622 West Catalpa, Chicago, IL. We are a five minute drive from O`Hare International Airport and a 10 minute walk to the CTA Blue Line train.
- Brickton Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), and is a full member of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS). We are registered and recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) as a Non-Public School and area member of the Illinois Non-Public School Association. We hold licenses from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and the City of Chicago. Brickton is a tax-exempt organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is a non-sectarian, non-profit, corporation managed by a board of directors.
- Our Mission Brickton Montessori School is a community of learners working together to provide a Montessori educational experience that engages and inspires students to become life-long learners, and responsible participants in our diverse global community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning DIfferences|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Cross CountryCross Country|
- Brickton Montessori School, located on Chicago's Northwest Side, is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). This is a voluntary accreditation in which schools are measured against the highest possible standards in all areas including faculty and staff, curriculum and facilities. Brickton has demonstrated our commitment to quality and growth through participation in these accreditations. Celebrating 30 years of excellence, Brickton offers a hands-on learning experience enhanced by low student to teacher ratios, extended hours, and a variety of on-site extra-curricular classes. Educating children ages 24 months through Middle School. To find out more about Brickton or to schedule an admissions conversation and tour - visit us at www.brickton.org or email email@example.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak ParkGrades: 9-12 | 1184 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
- River ForestGrades: 9-12 | 534 students
7574 Division St
River Forest, IL 60305
- Oak ParkGrades: 2-8 | 25 students
410 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
- Melrose ParkGrades: 9-12 | 320 students
900 Chicago Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
- ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.