Mary Seat Of Wisdom School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 581 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Scholars, Cooking Class, Kids who Care, STEAM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Hip Hop Dance, Music class, Smart Start Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet, Cheerleading, Floor Hockey, Gymnastics, Little Dribblers Basketball
- Mary, Seat of Wisdom School has served the Park Ridge, Chicago, and surrounding communities for sixty years and has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. Knowing that all students learn best when they feel secure, MSW teachers, administrators, and parents work closely together to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment rooted in our Catholic identity. Our mission, "to empower our students with the knowledge, values, and skills which will enable them to become active participants and effective leaders in both the church and world community," serves as the touchstone for everything we do. At its core, the development of the whole child includes the fostering of faith, and goes beyond a basic religion curriculum. Instruction includes a rich sacramental program with discussion of theological doctrine and experiences designed to encourage students to follow Christ as a way of life. MSW offers students the best of both worlds: an excellent well-rounded education with sixty years of tradition incorporating the advantages of recent advances in technology and curricular innovation. The School facilities include two gymnasiums, a stage, Computer and Science Labs, a renovated Library, and a new STEAM/STEM Lab. The School program includes three and four year old preschool classes, and differentiated learning for all students in the building. The School also offers an Extended Day program for students needing before and after care and a hot lunch program. Recent curricular highlights include in-house services for students with special needs (resource, speech, and social work), Spanish, which is taught from K through 8th Grade, as well as Media and Technology classes. Each classroom is equipped with an interactive Promethean Board; there are mobile "Smart Tables", a mobile laptop lab, and three mobile iPad carts. The Science and Social Studies curriculums are new, both with online features. MSW`s academic program is amplified by a wide variety of extracurricular activities available to students of all ages, including intramurals, interscholastic sports, Band and piano, Student Council, yearbook, academic bowls, coding, Battle of the Books, Scouting, performing arts---both choral and dramatic, as well as robotic activities. Over one hundred-fifty MSW students participate in the student service organization, Kids Who Care. Activities enhancing MSW`s Catholic Identity mission include bi-weekly school masses or liturgies, monthly all-school assemblies which expand on elements of the year`s Catholic Identity theme and faith-partner activities which build the school community. Participation in Catholic Schools Week, the 3rd Grade All-Saints Day celebration, 1st Grade Nativity re-enactment, 8th Grade presentation of the Living Stations of the Cross, and the annual May crowning ceremony are examples of how religion is woven into each school day. Students are proud of MSW, creating a connection that lasts beyond high school and college. A strong mission and a strong tradition combined with a faculty and administration committed to academic excellence and innovation, have created a rich, nurturing learning experience in which students thrive spiritually, academically, and socially.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Mary Seat Of Wisdom School offer?
Mary Seat Of Wisdom School offers 7 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Mary Seat Of Wisdom School's ranking?
Mary Seat Of Wisdom School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Mary Seat Of Wisdom School?
The application deadline for Mary Seat Of Wisdom School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Mary Seat Of Wisdom School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards