Northside Montessori School
Tel: (317) 251-2979
Northside Montessori School is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, near the historic Meridian Kessler Neighborhood and near Broad Ripple.
In operation since 1986, NMS provides classic Montessori education for pre-school through 6th grade students. The school and staff are dedicated to providing a nurturing and prepared environment that allows for educating the whole child through independence and curiosity.
Northside Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Tara Franke|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Crouching Tigers, Jump Bunch
- Our devoted staff has over 85 years of combined experience. They have a passion for the Montessori philosophy and strive to nurture and support all the children, thus allowing them to have a natural love of learning and a never ending curiosity.
- NMS offers a traditional ten-month school curriculum and a summer day camp. The school curriculum consists of practical life, sensorial, math, language, cultural, science, art, music and a foreign language at all levels.
- Summer camp consists of themes chosen by the staff, some academics, reading activities, and a lot of fun! Summer camp is for past students, present students and students enrolled for the next school year.
- Please email or call us, we would love to share more information about our school.
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.