- At The Nsoromma School we use both traditional and innovative teaching methods to create a stimulating and nurturing environment in which each child can blossom and shine.
- We have high expectations and we challenge students to achieve at their highest level.
- We build on what students bring and help them identify and use their strengths as they handle their challenges and move forward.
- Academic excellence is a realistic and necessary expectation for our children.
- We encourage cooperation, demonstrate respect of self and others, and stimulate a thirst for knowledge and understanding.
- We believe that all things in the universe are interconnected and interdependent and that what we do affects not only us individually, but also affects those around us.
- We desire to build character and cultivate values that support and celebrate life.
Nsoromma School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest, not evealing, "fingertip rule" for girls dresses, skirts and shorts; pants worn on waist)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with part-time class selected.|
- Nsoromma School is a part-time school offering SAT prep, Saturday enrichment classes and summer camps in Atlanta. Our classes are held in the Cascade Heights area of SW Atlanta. In addition to our popular "Triple Threat" SAT and ACT Prep Course, Nsoromma offers interactive STEAM (Science, Technology,Engineering, Arts, and Math), enrichment classes for upper elementary school and middle school students. Students participate in group learning, hands-on activities and projects, and field trips appropriate to the theme of each session. Developing the students' mathematical reasoning is an important aspect of our program. Our curriculum includes entrepreneurship and financial literacy as a framework when teaching math themes that pair well with entrepreneurial concepts such as decimals, fractions and percents. Consistent with our emphasis on cultural awareness, instructors infuse African and African American history, culture, original and traditional concepts into each lesson.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: 9-10 | 278 students
680 W Peachtree St Nw
Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 637-2800 1.7 9-10