Tel: (313) 291-6790
- The Oakwood Junior Academy is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
- A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
- We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
- We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
- To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew and master the basic academic skills.
- "The Mission of Oakwood Academy is to partner with parents to disciple students to embrace Biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, practice unselfish community service, recognize the value of diversity and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches, and communities for the Lord Jesus Christ.".
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southfield Grades: PK-12 | 603 students
28650 Lahser Road
Southfield, MI 48034
(248) 357-3660 18.9 PK-12
- Westland Grades: K-12 | 81 students
34033 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 326-3581 6.3 K-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.