Odyssey School is committed to a vision of education that nurtures personal and collective fulfillment through an integral approach to learning for students in pre-K through high school.
Our mission is to prepare students, families, and educators to lead the 21st century with an authentic sense of self.
- Top Ranked NC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 141 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,900
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 2 / rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia and mild learning differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Comfortable / respectful)
(Comfortable / respectful)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 2 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
When taken as an average across the grades our tuition is $11,900. Please visit our website for specific tuition per grade: www.odysseycommunity.org
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Odyssey has all kinds of learners and we work to make admissions a four-step process: 1. A campus tour is most often the initial opportunity to more deeply learn about our unique approach to alternative education. We work with families remotely as well. Please contact Kristin Harkey, email@example.com for more information. 2. Schedule a shadow day or morning for our student. Durring this classroom visit, we may request completion of a written supplement. 3. Submit an application and records request form for retrieval of transcripts. 4. After receiving your welcome letter, remit a signed tuition letter and pay an initial deposit,
I have been a parent at Odyssey for 7 years. My child has flourished at odyssey. The integral education model allows a child of any age to simultaneously be challenged academically while nurturing the other vital aspects of what make us human. Through this balanced approach the students become strong independent thinkers and are truly prepared on all fronts for the challenges of growing up in our complicated society.
Endorse Odyssey School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.