5.00 (1 review)
- Odyssey School is committed to a vision of education that nurtures personal and collective fulfillment through an integral approach to learning for students in pre-K through high school.
- Our mission is to prepare students, families, and educators to lead the 21st century with an authentic sense of self.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Comfortable / respectful)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 2 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,900|
|Tuition Notes||When taken as an average across the grades our tuition is $11,900. Please visit our website for specific tuition per grade: www.odysseycommunity.org|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristin Harkey|
|Admissions Associate||Ellen Ricker|
- Odyssey has all kinds of learners and we work to make admissions a four-step process: 1. A campus tour is most often the initial opportunity to more deeply learn about our unique approach to alternative education. We work with families remotely as well. Please contact Kristin Harkey, email@example.com for more information. 2. Schedule a shadow day or morning for our student. Durring this classroom visit, we may request completion of a written supplement. 3. Submit an application and records request form for retrieval of transcripts. 4. After receiving your welcome letter, remit a signed tuition letter and pay an initial deposit,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Asheville Grades: 1-11 | 40 students
1221 Sweeten Creek Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
(828)274-0750 5.5 1-11
- Asheville Grades: 6-8 | 76 students
64 W T Weaver Boulevard
Asheville, NC 28804
(828)258-3600 0.7 6-8
I have been a parent at Odyssey for 7 years. My child has flourished at odyssey. The integral education model allows a child of any age to simultaneously be challenged academically while nurturing the other vital aspects of what make us human. Through this balanced approach the students become strong independent thinkers and are truly prepared on all fronts for the challenges of growing up in our complicated society.
- Posted by Parent - mayap
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.