The New Classical Academy
The New Classical Academy Photo #2 - As part of a unit on ancient civilizations, middle schoolers help first graders bake biscuits based on a 3,700-year-old Mesopotamian recipe.
The New Classical Academy Photo #3 - TNCA students enjoying that timeless autumn activity: leaf pile fun.
The New Classical Academy Photo #4 - Handcrafts like sewing are a popular afternoon activity for both boys and girls.
The New Classical Academy Photo #5 - Middle schoolers are held to a high standard of academic achievement to pave the way for a successful transition to high school. Low student/teacher ratios ensure students get the support they need.
The New Classical Academy Photo #6 - Kindergarten teacher and student practice counting using an abacus. Manipulatives are central in teaching beginning math at TNCA.
The mission of The New Classical Academy is to provide a classical education in a nurturing, individualized learning environment that uses a balance of rigorous academics, creative hands-on projects, and child-directed play to create independent, self-motivated critical thinkers who truly enjoy coming to schoolevery day.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 71 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Boffing, Hip Hop Dance, Music, Yoga
Boffing, Hip Hop Dance, Music, Yoga
- The New Classical Academy offers a classical education in a nurturing, individualized learning environment. Our school graduates polite, enthusiastic, thoughtful young men and women who are strong readers, adept mathematicians, skilled writers, and leaders with an extensive working knowledge of history, science, geography, and the arts.
- Our philosophy encompasses cooperative, multi-age learning, as well as independent, self-directed study. The school is alive with real science experiments, dramatic presentations, debates, art projects, music, classic literature, and manipulative math.
- As our educational philosophy recognizes that children need time for both work and play, child-directed imaginative play and outdoor play are a substantial part of every day at our school.
- The New Classical Academy curriculum combines individualized progression through the basics--reading, arithmetic and mathematics, and handwriting--with a rotating school-wide course of study in the sciences, history, and literature. As students gain mastery of the more mechanical aspects of scholarship, they are able to manage increasingly advanced presentation and exploration of the material.
- The classical concept of the trivium guides our presentation of the material we teach, giving students first the knowledge, then the understanding, and finally the creativity to approach each subject in the fullest way. In this way, we make knowledge attainable to all students, regardless of their learning differences.
Profile last updated: 08/18/2020
TNCA has been the perfect place for our boys. The morning block of learning time teaches kids to focus and the large amount of outside time keeps them able to learn. The curriculum is tailored to each child so that everyone is challenged. Learning with kids in other grades teaches respect and kindness. The teachers love the kids - and the families!
Endorse The New Classical Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
So Many Choices
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.