The New Classical Academy
5.00 (1 review)
The New Classical Academy Photo #2 - TNCA students enjoying that timeless autumn activity: leaf pile fun.
The New Classical Academy Photo #3 - Handcrafts like sewing are a popular afternoon activity for both boys and girls.
The New Classical Academy Photo #4 - Middle schoolers are held to a high standard of academic achievement to pave the way for a successful transition to high school. Low student/teacher ratios ensure students get the support they need.
The New Classical Academy Photo #5 - Kindergarten teacher and student practice counting using an abacus. Manipulatives are central in teaching beginning math at TNCA.
The New Classical Academy Photo #6 - In the mornings, TNCA students often work individually or in pairs.
- The mission of The New Classical Academy is to provide a classical education in a nurturing, individualized learning environment that uses a balance of rigorous academics, creative hands-on projects, and child-directed play to create independent, self-motivated critical thinkers who truly enjoy coming to schoolevery day.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andy Cross|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boffing, Hip Hop Dance, Music, Yoga
- The New Classical Academy offers a classical education in a nurturing, individualized learning environment. Our school graduates polite, enthusiastic, thoughtful young men and women who are strong readers, adept mathematicians, skilled writers, and leaders with an extensive working knowledge of history, science, geography, and the arts.
- Our philosophy encompasses cooperative, multi-age learning, as well as independent, self-directed study. The school is alive with real science experiments, dramatic presentations, debates, art projects, music, classic literature, and manipulative math.
- As our educational philosophy recognizes that children need time for both work and play, child-directed imaginative play and outdoor play are a substantial part of every day at our school.
- The New Classical Academy curriculum combines individualized progression through the basics--reading, arithmetic and mathematics, and handwriting--with a rotating school-wide course of study in the sciences, history, and literature. As students gain mastery of the more mechanical aspects of scholarship, they are able to manage increasingly advanced presentation and exploration of the material.
- The classical concept of the trivium guides our presentation of the material we teach, giving students first the knowledge, then the understanding, and finally the creativity to approach each subject in the fullest way. In this way, we make knowledge attainable to all students, regardless of their learning differences.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Asheville Grades: 9-12 | 295 students
360 Asheville School Road
Asheville, NC 28806
(828)254-6345 0.5 9-12
- Asheville Grades: PK-12 | 639 students
1345 Hendersonville Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
(828)407-4442 5.5 PK-12
- Asheville Grades: 1-11 | 40 students
1221 Sweeten Creek Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
(828)274-0750 5.5 1-11
TNCA has been the perfect place for our boys. The morning block of learning time teaches kids to focus and the large amount of outside time keeps them able to learn. The curriculum is tailored to each child so that everyone is challenged. Learning with kids in other grades teaches respect and kindness. The teachers love the kids - and the families!
- Posted by Parent - Linnea Linton
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.