Asheville Montessori School
Tel: (828) 645-3433
- Since its founding more than a century ago, Asheville School has been preparing high school students with an education for a lifetime.
- A rigorous academic experience focused on a traditional core curriculum challenges students and gives them the foundation to become better thinkers and communicators.
- A code of honor instills in students the importance of truth and strong character in all aspects of life.
- A rich tradition of athletics teaches students the important lessons of the playing field, sport and the outdoors.
- The boarding school experience builds in students a respect for and responsibility to others and one's self.
- Students learn these lessons in a nurturing, close-knit community set on a campus of 300 pastoral acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Asheville Grades: NS | 20 students
38 Sycamore Road
Asheville, NC 28804
(828) 281-0505 2.3 NS
- Asheville Grades: PK-K | 46 students
1 School Rd
Asheville, NC 28806
(828) 259-9880 4.2 PK-K
- Durham Grades: K-1 | 28 students
6701 Garrett Road
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 490-0287 202.5 K-1
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.