Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (619) 428-2091
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School has served the parish community since 1933.
- We welcome students entering Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. Our school has been staffed by the Benedictine nuns and since 1966 by the Sisters Servants of the Blessed Sacrament and dedicated lay teachers.
- School families, parishioners, and friends have worked together to maintain OLMCS as one of the finest elementary schools in the Diocese of San Diego.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a child centered Christian community in which each member is encouraged to acquire knowledge, skills, and values in order to serve God, family, and society.
- The administration and staff, in partnership with the parents who are the primary educators of their children, are committed to assisting students in developing their full potential through a program that stimulates spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical development; in an atmosphere of faith, love, and community.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, through a dedicated faculty, staff, and parent community, strives to create an atmosphere of faith, love, and respect, which fosters learning and enables students to make right choices and meaningful contributions to society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Excellent school. High academic achievement, wonderful programs integrated into the curriculum like computers/ high tech, music, drama, sports and religion. Staff is wonderful children are treated in a very caring and warm manner, wonderful environment. This school is a great family atmosphere. Children enjoy going to school everyday.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni student
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.