Our Lady Of The Lake Catholic School
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School was founded in 1881.
- The first faculty was made up of Franciscan Sisters from Joliet, Illinois.
- In 1883, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration from Lacrosse, Wisconsin, took over the staffing of the school.
- Franciscan sisters taught in the school until recently. A Franciscan brother has taught computers and physical education in recent years.
- The Franciscan spirit and tradition remain as the foundation of the school's philosophy.
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School Community educates, nurtures and guides students, spiritually, academically, and physically, in the Franciscan Spirit, through The Gospels and teachings of the Catholic Faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Almena Grades: K-8 | 43 students
1677 6 1/2 St
Almena, WI 54805
(715)357-3030 96.1 K-8
- Bloomer Grades: PK-8 | 141 students
1210 Main St
Bloomer, WI 54724
(715)568-3233 107 PK-8
- Cadott Grades: PK-6 | 29 students
222 W Mcrae St
Cadott, WI 54727
(715)289-4985 113.6 PK-6
- Chippewa Falls Grades: 1-8 | 55 students
11370 County Highway Q
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
(715)288-6250 112.9 1-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.