- The largest Catholic school in the Madison area, Our Lady Queen of Peace has served the community since 1949.
- QP School is part of a parish with a strong supportive church, excellent facilities, and WiFi and tablet learning educating approximately 450-500 children from 4K through 8th grade.
- Students, teachers, and parents strive together to encourage the search for knowledge and an appreciation of each person`s capabilities and differences in a caring Catholic environment.
- Average standardized test scores are very high. Children are a gift from God, given to us temporarily to love and to teach; are intrinsically good, eager to learn, and have unique talents; benefit from positive experiences that stimulate and motivate each child to achieve his or her full potential in an atmosphere of security, faith development, academic excitement and social interaction.
- QP School offers visual art, Spanish, guidance counselors, school nurse, music and band, a large gym, after-school care, and grade 5-8 league sports. (See more below).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress up for Mass days, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,800|
|Tuition Notes||The above is for church member families. Tuition is $7,200 for non-parishioners.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our Lady Queen of Peace School offers a rigorous academic curriculum and many enriching regular classes including art, computers, guidance, health, library, music, Spanish, and physical education. Smartboards, iPads, Apple TVs and Chromebooks allow students to learn and gain skills needed in our digital world. Student's' scores average 99th percentile on Iowa Basics tests. Other offerings include a Band for 5th-8th grade, musical for 7th-8th graders, and 90% of 5th-8th graders participate in after-school independent school league sports.
- Most importantly, faith is the foundation of the QP school community. Students engage in daily prayer, religious education lessons and discussions, Faith Friends which partners older and younger students, school Liturgy planning and participation, and middle school Houses of Faith, which allow 6th-8th graders to lead and work as a tam as they serve our neighbors in need.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MadisonGrades: K-8 | 312 students
829 Edgewood College Dr
Madison, WI 53711
MadisonGrades: PK-8 | 460 students
5405 Flad Ave
Madison, WI 53711
MadisonGrades: PK-8 | 314 students
7702 Old Sauk Rd
Madison, WI 53717
MadisonGrades: K-9 | 205 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
Lake MillsGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
1530 S Main St
Lake Mills, WI 53551
Great teachers, strong faith life, active service component, great parish and community. Lots of specials, technology in the classroom, and high standardized test scores. Happy kids.
- Posted by Parent - kater
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.