Our Lady Queen Of Peace School
The largest Catholic school in the Madison area, Our Lady Queen of Peace has served the community since 1949.
QP School is part of a parish with a strong supportive church, excellent facilities, and WiFi and tablet learning educating approximately 450-500 children from 4K through 8th grade.
Students, teachers, and parents strive together to encourage the search for knowledge and an appreciation of each person`s capabilities and differences in a caring Catholic environment.
Average standardized test scores are very high. Children are a gift from God, given to us temporarily to love and to teach; are intrinsically good, eager to learn, and have unique talents; benefit from positive experiences that stimulate and motivate each child to achieve his or her full potential in an atmosphere of security, faith development, academic excitement and social interaction.
QP School offers visual art, Spanish, guidance counselors, school nurse, music and band, a large gym, after-school care, and grade 5-8 league sports. (See more below).
- Top Ranked WI School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 440 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,800
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 31%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Dress up for Mass days, etc.)
(Dress up for Mass days, etc.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
The above is for church member families. Tuition is $7,200 for non-parishioners.
% on Financial Aid
- Our Lady Queen of Peace School offers a rigorous academic curriculum and many enriching regular classes including art, computers, guidance, health, library, music, Spanish, and physical education. Smartboards, iPads, Apple TVs and Chromebooks allow students to learn and gain skills needed in our digital world. Student's' scores average 99th percentile on Iowa Basics tests. Other offerings include a Band for 5th-8th grade, musical for 7th-8th graders, and 90% of 5th-8th graders participate in after-school independent school league sports.
- Most importantly, faith is the foundation of the QP school community. Students engage in daily prayer, religious education lessons and discussions, Faith Friends which partners older and younger students, school Liturgy planning and participation, and middle school Houses of Faith, which allow 6th-8th graders to lead and work as a tam as they serve our neighbors in need.
Great teachers, strong faith life, active service component, great parish and community. Lots of specials, technology in the classroom, and high standardized test scores. Happy kids.
Endorse Our Lady Queen Of Peace School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.