The largest Catholic school in the Madison area, Our Lady Queen of Peace has served the community since 1949.
QP School is part of a parish with a strong supportive church, excellent facilities, and WiFi and tablet learning educating approximately 450-500 children from 4K through 8th grade.
Students, teachers, and parents strive together to encourage the search for knowledge and an appreciation of each person`s capabilities and differences in a caring Catholic environment.
Average standardized test scores are very high. Children are a gift from God, given to us temporarily to love and to teach; are intrinsically good, eager to learn, and have unique talents; benefit from positive experiences that stimulate and motivate each child to achieve his or her full potential in an atmosphere of security, faith development, academic excitement and social interaction.
QP School offers visual art, Spanish, guidance counselors, school nurse, music and band, a large gym, after-school care, and grade 5-8 league sports. (See more below).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked WI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 447 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,800
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Our Lady Queen Of Peace School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 33%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Dress up for Mass days, etc.
Dress up for Mass days, etc.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
The above is for church member families. Tuition is $7,200 for non-parishioners.
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Our Lady Queen of Peace School offers a rigorous academic curriculum and many enriching regular classes including art, computers, guidance, health, library, music, Spanish, and physical education. Smartboards, iPads, Apple TVs and Chromebooks allow students to learn and gain skills needed in our digital world. Student's' scores average 99th percentile on Iowa Basics tests. Other offerings include a Band for 5th-8th grade, musical for 7th-8th graders, and 90% of 5th-8th graders participate in after-school independent school league sports.
- Most importantly, faith is the foundation of the QP school community. Students engage in daily prayer, religious education lessons and discussions, Faith Friends which partners older and younger students, school Liturgy planning and participation, and middle school Houses of Faith, which allow 6th-8th graders to lead and work as a tam as they serve our neighbors in need.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Our Lady Queen Of Peace School cost?
Our Lady Queen Of Peace School's tuition is approximately $3,800 for private students.
What schools are Our Lady Queen Of Peace School often compared to?
Our Lady Queen Of Peace Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Edgewood Campus School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Our Lady Queen Of Peace School offer?
Our Lady Queen Of Peace School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Our Lady Queen Of Peace School's ranking?
Our Lady Queen Of Peace School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Our Lady Queen Of Peace School?
The application deadline for Our Lady Queen Of Peace School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Great teachers, strong faith life, active service component, great parish and community. Lots of specials, technology in the classroom, and high standardized test scores. Happy kids.
Endorse Our Lady Queen Of Peace School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.