Our Lady Queen Of Peace School
5.00 (1 review)
- The largest Catholic school in the Madison area, Our Lady Queen of Peace has served the community since 1949.
- QP School is part of a parish with a strong supportive church, excellent facilities, and WiFi and tablet learning educating approximately 450-500 children from 4K through 8th grade.
- Students, teachers, and parents strive together to encourage the search for knowledge and an appreciation of each person`s capabilities and differences in a caring Catholic environment.
- Average standardized test scores are very high. Children are a gift from God, given to us temporarily to love and to teach; are intrinsically good, eager to learn, and have unique talents; benefit from positive experiences that stimulate and motivate each child to achieve his or her full potential in an atmosphere of security, faith development, academic excitement and social interaction.
- QP School offers visual art, Spanish, guidance counselors, school nurse, music and band, a large gym, after-school care, and grade 5-8 league sports. (See more below).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress up for Mass days, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,800|
|Tuition Notes||The above is for church member families. Tuition is $7,200 for non-parishioners.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our Lady Queen of Peace School offers a rigorous academic curriculum and many enriching regular classes including art, computers, guidance, health, library, music, Spanish, and physical education. Smartboards, iPads, Apple TVs and Chromebooks allow students to learn and gain skills needed in our digital world. Student's' scores average 99th percentile on Iowa Basics tests. Other offerings include a Band for 5th-8th grade, musical for 7th-8th graders, and 90% of 5th-8th graders participate in after-school independent school league sports.
- Most importantly, faith is the foundation of the QP school community. Students engage in daily prayer, religious education lessons and discussions, Faith Friends which partners older and younger students, school Liturgy planning and participation, and middle school Houses of Faith, which allow 6th-8th graders to lead and work as a tam as they serve our neighbors in need.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 291 students
829 Edgewood College Dr
Madison, WI 53711
(608)663-4100 1.2 K-8
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 259 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
(608)273-0309 3.5 K-8
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 459 students
5405 Flad Ave
Madison, WI 53711
(608)271-7551 2.2 PK-8
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 252 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 7.5 K-12
Great teachers, strong faith life, active service component, great parish and community. Lots of specials, technology in the classroom, and high standardized test scores. Happy kids.
- Posted by Parent - kater
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.