Phyllis L Susser School For Exceptional Children I
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 691-8100
- Herbert G Birch School, for over 30 years has worked tirelessly to help disadvantaged individuals live their lives with dignity and joy.
- Birch provides services for children and adults with mental retardation, autism, severe language deficiencies and emotional disturbance.
- We also provide state-of-the-art programs for children affected by abject poverty, malnutrition and homelessness.
- Many children come from homes with parents struggling with substance abuse, literacy deficits and AIDS.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||73 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Phyllis L Susser School For Exceptional Children I also viewed these schools: The Lowell School - High School Campus, Summit School, Block Institute School, Mary McDowell Friends School and St Francis De Sales School For The Deafin Brooklyn.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whitestone Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
2420 Parsons Blvd
Whitestone, NY 11357
(718) 445-4222 3.6 9-12
- Fresh Meadows Grades: Inquire with school | 342 students
18302 Union Tpke
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366
(718) 264-2931 1.7 Inquire with school
- Brooklyn Grades: PK | 252 students
376 Bay 44th St
Brooklyn, NY 11214
(718) 906-5432 13.8 PK
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
260 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 636-4573 9.2 PK-8
My son is 8 yrs old, who is diagnose with PDD. He is in a special ed class and even though he is in 3rd grade, he has some difficulty and is within 2nd grade level. He also was getting phychotherapy, at one time.
- Posted by Parent - maryc
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.