Shield Institute Of Flushing
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 939-8700
- The Shield Institute educates and supports New Yorkers of all ages with developmental disabilities.
- We work to involve citizens with autism and other developmental challenges in the city's cultural, social, and economic mainstream.
- The Shield Institute has roots in the Jewish community. We have been helping people for 85 years.
- If we can be of assistance to you or someone you know, we will.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 333 students
1713 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
(212) 995-1987 7 K-12
- New York Grades: Inquire with school | 121 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-8660 9.5 Inquire with school
I worked at the Flushing School for 3 years. The staff is dedicated and creative. There is a supportive environment for the students to grow and learn. The staff is very much like a family. The professional development for teachers is top notch. I left the school because the commute to work was taking a toll on me. The Shield is a great place for students.
- Posted by Teacher - shini
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.