Shield Institute Of Flushing
5.00 (1 review)
- The Shield Institute educates and supports New Yorkers of all ages with developmental disabilities.
- We work to involve citizens with autism and other developmental challenges in the city's cultural, social, and economic mainstream.
- The Shield Institute has roots in the Jewish community. We have been helping people for 85 years.
- If we can be of assistance to you or someone you know, we will.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 280 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
New YorkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
BaysideGrades: 3-8 | 107 students
20305 32nd Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
I worked at the Flushing School for 3 years. The staff is dedicated and creative. There is a supportive environment for the students to grow and learn. The staff is very much like a family. The professional development for teachers is top notch. I left the school because the commute to work was taking a toll on me. The Shield is a great place for students.
- Posted by Teacher - shini
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?