Shield Institute Of Flushing
5.00 (1 review)
- The Shield Institute educates and supports New Yorkers of all ages with developmental disabilities.
- We work to involve citizens with autism and other developmental challenges in the city's cultural, social, and economic mainstream.
- The Shield Institute has roots in the Jewish community. We have been helping people for 85 years.
- If we can be of assistance to you or someone you know, we will.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 538 students
1713 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
(212)995-1987 7 K-12
- New York Grades: Inquire with school | 121 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
(212)929-8660 9.5 Inquire with school
I worked at the Flushing School for 3 years. The staff is dedicated and creative. There is a supportive environment for the students to grow and learn. The staff is very much like a family. The professional development for teachers is top notch. I left the school because the commute to work was taking a toll on me. The Shield is a great place for students.
- Posted by Teacher - shini
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.