Flushing Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (718) 445-3533
- Stable and flexible, prepared for remote learning, giving personal attention to our students and support to their families
- Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents
- FCS is warm, nurturing and multi-cultural, with a focus on academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
- Our goal is to transform this generation through sound academic education with a distinct Christian worldview. Watch a short snapshot of the school.
- NatGeo National Champions! - 05/31/2019 - Our team won first place nationally at the first annual NatGeo Team competition!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Prospective families can apply for financial aid to determine what the actual cost of tuition would be for their financial situation.|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Han|
|Admissions Associate||Rosemarie Rodriguez|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Sign Language, Cultural Culinary, Eagles Volleyball boys and girls, Film, NatGeo Challenge, Robotics and Engineering Club, Spelling Bee
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Hand Chimes, Voice
- Small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting would not offer. Many of our graduates go on to attend some of New York City s best public and private high schools: such as Bronx Science, Stuyvesant, Bard High School and Early College, to name a few. Our alumni have pursued degrees in law, literature, and the medical field for their higher education. Our students have become pastors, wall-street executives, teachers and policemen. FCS provides a solid foundation for success!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Grades: K-8 | 131 students
13030 31st Ave Ste 724 2nd Floor
Flushing, NY 11354
(718) 461-4409 1.4 K-8
- Cambria Heights Grades: PK-8 | 322 students
23310 Linden Blvd
Cambria Heights, NY 11411
(718) 341-1991 6.6 PK-8
Flushing Christian School provides a combination of excellence in academics along with Christian discipleship. Each day starts with a bible time that focuses on the LORD and his word. The class size is just right and allows teachers to give individual attention to the kids and opportunity for participation in the lessons. The teachers are a unique combination of gifted individuals who care for their students, emphasize academic excellence, and love the students as much as they love the subjects they teach. Extra curriculum courses are available in Math, Music, Sports, and Robotics. One of the school`s slogans is to "be serious but have fun". That means that the children work hard in learning, doing their homeworks, and taking their tests. But at the same time, there is room for socialization, sports, interaction, and just being kids. As a parent of 2 children, I would highly recommend this one of a kind school.
- Posted by Parent - Elise
Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. Our school is warm, nurturing, multi-cultural, and exhibits a family-like atmosphere. The small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting cannot offer. Students at Flushing Christian School are being instructed in both academic and cultural experiences. Students may participate in the band program or our volleyball and basketball teams-the FCS eagles. They may choose an elective, such as culinary class, American Sign Language, Hand Chimes, or Journalism. FCS is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow!
- Posted by Teacher - arosa
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.