The Windsor School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (718) 359-8300
The Windsor School Photo #2 - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
The Windsor School Photo #3 - Average class size is 12 students per teacher. Individualized instruction is provided in all classes.
The Windsor School Photo #4 - All teachers hold advanced degrees in their subject area and specialize in preparing students for Regents and AP exams.
The Windsor School Photo #5 - Our art department provides students the opportunity to take art electives and AP Studio Art.
The Windsor School Photo #6 - Our soccer team competes in the Metro League comprised of private high schools in Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn.
The Windsor School Photo #7 - Our basketball team is consistently one of the top teams in the Metro League. In 2018, the Windsor Blue Knights played in the League Final.
The Windsor School Photo #8 - Students receive one-to-one guidance from our Guidance Counselor/College Advisor. Students are assisted in every aspect of the college application process.
Windsor School, est. in 1969, is a High School, Middle School and Junior High School.
The School is registered by the New York State Education Department, accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and a member of College Entrance Examination Board and the College Scholarship Service.
At Windsor, under the supervision of a skilled staff, our students not only progress academically, but also socially, emotionally, and culturally.
Above all, the individual student is considered. We are dedicated to the development of each of our students to realize his or her maximum potential in a psychologically sound learning atmosphere.
The Windsor School's aim in all school activities, in and out of the classroom, is to develop well-rounded and inquisitive minds prepared to cope with our changing modern world.
Upcoming Events and News
- Applications Being Accepted! - 01/06/2021 - Currently accepting applications for immedate transfer and 2021-2022 school year. Merit scholarship and financial assistance offers available for students in grades 7-12. Windsor students are attending in-person classes five days ...morea week with an option for a hybrid or full remote schedule. Live synchronous instruction is provided through Google Meet for students attending remotely. Windsor offers small classes providing students with individualized instruction. Our guidance department provides personalized college advisement to our senior applying for college admissions. Please contact James DeFeo, principal, for more information. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$880|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$880 per class (2 classes required for each subject course to receive full school year credit) Receive full school year credit for Math and Science courses|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Physics 1, Psychology, Studio Art, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,900|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 7 - 8: $8,000 Grades 9 - 12: $8,900|
|Admissions Director||James DeFeo|
|Admissions Associate||Catlyn Triolo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Paddle Tennis,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, School Newspaper
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrumental Music, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Table Tennis Club
- The Windsor School is a private, junior and senior high school, grades 7-12. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary School and have held that accreditation for over 40 years. Our school provides its students the academic, cultural, and social experience they seek. Our school offers a rigorous academic program including six Advanced Placement (AP) classes, many elective courses in English and Social Sciences, and the opportunity for students to be a member of our New York Mathematics League math team. For the past ten years, our math team has finished either first or second in the competition against over 150 high schools throughout the state of New York. This year`s math team finished 2nd overall and 1st in Queens with five students earning overall highest scores. Our vibrant art department offers students the opportunity to take Advanced Placement (AP) Studio Art: Drawing or 2-D Design in addition to creative crafts and experimental art electives. Our sports program includes soccer, tennis, basketball, and track & field. Our athletes compete in the Metro League comprised of private schools in the NYC metropolitan area. This year's basketball team completed its season with an overall record of 10 wins and 1 loss. We played in the Metro League Championship, losing by only 5 points! Any student who wishes to be a member of a sports team is guaranteed to join.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 223-4667 3.3 NS-12
- Flushing Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
26-20 Francis Lewis Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11358
(718) 886-7250 2 9-12
This year my son graduated the Windsor School where he was a student since the 7th grade! We were fortunate to find this school because it is different from other schools in most advantageous ways. The school is safe, clean and well maintained. Each student gets personal attention from a teacher because of the small class sizes. The teachers are professional and dedicated to their work. The principal and administrative staff are very attentive and responsive to the students and parents alike. As a parent, I am very pleased with our experience with the Windsor School and would recommend this institution to all who wants a good education and appropriate environment.
- Posted by Parent - Afina
My experience with my child going to this school has been amazing. To see my child looking forward to going to school learning and eager to hand in assignments on time. To be able to really learn and focus on her most challenging subject in math. Not only the teachers are amazing, great principal and guidance counselor and staff. School is so clean. I couldn't be happier with this great opportunity that this school has given my daughter to attend at Windsor, I would tell anyone that is willing to learn and respect and willing to learn this is the school. Thank you to all staff.
- Posted by Parent - Dee
Windsor school is a small but cozy family like. Its smaller size class enables an individual student to get more attentions and interactions with teachers. "You don't have a second to be distracted in the class......", my son told me. The principal teachers and staffs are all very kind and always ready to help. Students are respected and cared about. My son has become more confident than before and has made some academic improvements during the study in Windsor school. This is a nice school that really suits us.
- Posted by Parent - Sof
Excellent school for students who wish to achieve their goals. Everyone from the Principal to the teachers and the administrative staff is very helpful. I am happy my child attended the Geometry during the summer of 2019 and thankful to each one there for making it a success.
- Posted by Parent - Gita
The staff is extremely friendly. Students feel welcomed in this school. There is a large diversity within the students. The tuition is worth it. I highly recommend this school for kids who are trying to exceed and go to college. The education is wonderful.
- Posted by Teacher - D
We wanted to accelerate in Algebra 1 and we had a very good experience doing it from Windsor school. It is a very organized top-notch school and since we were coming from Long Island, it`s close vicinity to LIRR helped a lot and made things easy!
- Posted by Parent - Hassan
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.