The Windsor School
- Windsor School, est. in 1969, is a High School, Middle School and Junior High School.
- The School is registered by the New York State Education Department, accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and a member of College Entrance Examination Board and the College Scholarship Service.
- At Windsor, under the supervision of a skilled staff, our students not only progress academically, but also socially, emotionally, and culturally.
- Above all, the individual student is considered. We are dedicated to the development of each of our students to realize his or her maximum potential in a psychologically sound learning atmosphere.
- The Windsor School's aim in all school activities, in and out of the classroom, is to develop well-rounded and inquisitive minds prepared to cope with our changing modern world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$850|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$850 per class (2 classes required for each subject course to receive full school year credit) Receive full school year credit for Math and Science courses|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,900|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 7 - 12: $8900|
|Admissions Director||Emily Yu|
|Admissions Associate||James DeFeo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Paddle Tennis,|
Track and Field
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)223-4667 3.3 NS-12
- Rye Grades: PK-12 | 924 students
Rye, NY 10580
(914)925-4513 17.5 PK-12
- Flushing Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
26-20 Francis Lewis Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11358
(718)886-7250 2 9-12
Excellent school for students who wish to achieve their goals. Everyone from the Principal to the teachers and the administrative staff is very helpful. I am happy my child attended the Geometry during the summer of 2019 and thankful to each one there for making it a success.
- Posted by Parent - Gita
The school was very well cleaned and very comfortable overall, but some teachers are having a hard time entertaining students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sean Lim
The staff is extremely friendly. Students feel welcomed in this school. There is a large diversity within the students. The tuition is worth it. I highly recommend this school for kids who are trying to exceed and go to college. The education is wonderful.
- Posted by Teacher - D
We wanted to accelerate in Algebra 1 and we had a very good experience doing it from Windsor school. It is a very organized top-notch school and since we were coming from Long Island, it`s close vicinity to LIRR helped a lot and made things easy!
- Posted by Parent - Hassan