The Kew-forest School
Tel: (718) 223-4667
- Kew-Forest is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory school for students in grades Pre-K-12.
- All graduates are expected to go on to college, and for that reason, the school's programs emphasize the traditional values in education that will provide a foundation for post-secondary work.
- The mission of The Kew-Forest School is to provide an academically challenging college-preparatory education to a culturally diverse community in a structured, caring environment.
- Students are encouraged to achieve their individual potential and strive for personal integrity and respect for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chemistry Club, Community Service, Dissection Club, Drama Club, Film Club, Foreign Language Clubs, Girls' Choir, MockTrial, Model UN, Newspaper, Peer Counseling, Student Council, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.