The Kew-forest School
- Kew-Forest is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory school for students in grades Pre-K-12.
- All graduates are expected to go on to college, and for that reason, the school's programs emphasize the traditional values in education that will provide a foundation for post-secondary work.
- The mission of The Kew-Forest School is to provide an academically challenging college-preparatory education to a culturally diverse community in a structured, caring environment.
- Students are encouraged to achieve their individual potential and strive for personal integrity and respect for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chemistry Club, Community Service, Dissection Club, Drama Club, Film Club, Foreign Language Clubs, Girls' Choir, MockTrial, Model UN, Newspaper, Peer Counseling, Student Council, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.