Lawrence Woodmere Academy
- Lawrence Woodmere Academy is a co-educational Preschool 12th grade school of 246 students with approximately 50 faculty members comprised of three divisions: Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools.
- The Lower School includes a Preschool program for 3 and 4 year olds, as well as kindergarten through grade four.
- The Middle School program includes grades five through eight.
- The Upper School program includes grades nine through twelve, and includes a course of study for students to earn a Global Scholars Certificate, the first such program on Long Island.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP English Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics 1 & 2, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collared shirt with school logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call admissions for a tuition breakdown|
|Admissions Director||Frank DeCicco|
|Admissions Associate||Trish Hughes|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
- At Lawrence Woodmere Academy, we do more than just state our commitment to the individual academic success of our students. We demonstrate it every day by structuring learning, supporting understanding, nurturing development and encouraging creativity.
- Evidence of our commitment to academic excellence can be seen in the critical thinking and problem solving skills that are featured in every classroom experience - includingLower School, Middle School and Upper School. We have the resources to match opportunity with student talent and interest, so that all our students can find their true voice, expressed in a safe and secure environment.
- The dedication of our outstanding faculty to ongoing professional development enables our academic program to be innovative, challenging and responsive to different learning styles. Our students are actively engaged in the pursuit of academic excellence, which culminates in a carefully designed college guidance program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 419 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
- Valley StreamGrades: K-12 | 155 students
12 E. Fairview Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
- Forest HillsGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 1090 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Fresh MeadowsGrades: 9-12 | 2473 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
LWA is a fantastic school with a top notch curriculum and refreshing sense of community. My children are extremely happy with the school.
- Posted by Parent - samue