Lawrence Woodmere Academy
- Lawrence Woodmere Academy is a co-educational Preschool 12th grade school of 270 students with approximately 50 faculty members comprised of three divisions: Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools.
- LWA has a 5:1 Student- to-Faculty Ratio (Small Class Sizes),
- a 1:1 Four-Year College Guidance Program, plus a 100% Graduation Rate and Matriculation to College.
- We educate our students on a 10+ Acre Campus In a Safe and Affluent Neighborhood. We offer an affordable Private School Education. http://www.lawrencewoodmere.org.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP English Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics 1 & 2, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirt with khaki pants )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call admissions for a tuition breakdown!|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Luke Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Candice Morgenlander|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Helping Hands Club, Literary Magazine (Novatone), Math Team, Model U.N., Online Newspaper (The PRISM), Spanish Club, Student Senate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Jazz Ensemble, Theatre Tech Club, Theatrical Productions, Wind Ensemble, World Dance Club
- At Lawrence Woodmere Academy, we do more than just state our commitment to the individual academic success of our students. We demonstrate it every day by structuring learning, supporting understanding, nurturing development and encouraging creativity.
- Evidence of our commitment to academic excellence can be seen in the critical thinking and problem solving skills that are featured in every classroom experience - includingLower School, Middle School and Upper School. We have the resources to match opportunity with student talent and interest, so that all our students can find their true voice, expressed in a safe and secure environment.
- The dedication of our outstanding faculty to ongoing professional development enables our academic program to be innovative, challenging and responsive to different learning styles. Our students are actively engaged in the pursuit of academic excellence, which culminates in a carefully designed college guidance program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)223-4667 8.2 NS-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 1023 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)250-0221 15.1 PK-12
This school is great! So many opportunities for the students!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Child
This school is welcoming to all and truly makes you feel like family. The faculty and staff are caring and supportive.
- Posted by Teacher - ABC123
My name is Nancy Baron and I am a fourth grade teacher at Lawrence Woodmere Academy. What attracts me most as a teacher at LWA is the camaraderie amongst the students, faculty, and administration. In part, the favorable student-to teacher ratio encourages this dynamic, as well as the numerous workshops and assemblies that bring the school community together. I have noticed that the philosophy of the school encourages self-exploration and individual excellence. One of my favorite annual events at LWA is International Day; a six week course of study of a country. It incorporates every concept of creative expression and academic learning. I can`t say enough about this great school.
- Posted by Teacher - Nancy Baron
LWA is a fantastic school with a top notch curriculum and refreshing sense of community. My children are extremely happy with the school.
- Posted by Parent - samue