The Waldorf School Of Garden City
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Waldorf School of Garden City (WSGC) provides a rigorous, college preparatory education, using an innovative and multisensory approach to learning. Our teachers possess unique insight into child development and the sophisticated integration of subjects in our curriculum creates an educational experience that inspires our students to evolve into confident, creative thinkers who are strongly connected to humanity and the environment.
- Founded in 1947, WSGC is part of a global community of teachers and child development professionals who have come together for the purpose of educating, supporting and inspiring children.
- With 90 years of proven curriculum experience, Waldorf education has nearly 2500 schools and kindergartens in over 60 countries.
- Over 94% of North American Waldorf graduates gain admission to a post-secondary school of their choice; 50% go on to a PhD or Masters.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Chris Bleecker|
|Admissions Associate||Carol Proctor|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ACT Prep, Baking Club, Chinese Culture, Drama Club, Gymnastics & Acrobatics Club, Math Club, Model UN, SAT Prep, Spirit Club ACT Prep, Baking Club, Drama Club, Math Club, Model UN, SAT Prep, Spirit Club, Chinese Culture,|
Gymnastics & Acrobatics Club,
Choosing a school is one of the biggest decisions you will make for your child and your family.
Parents choose The Waldorf School of Garden City because of:
- rigorous academics enlivened by fine and practical arts, languages, music & drama
- excellent teacher-parent relations
- emphasis on family and community values
- a strong reputation for environmentalism
- expertise in child development
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MerrickGrades: K-12 | 133 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
- WoodmereGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
336 Woodmere Blvd
Woodmere, NY 11598
- HicksvilleGrades: 9-12 | 950 students
98 Cherry Ln
Hicksville, NY 11801
- BrookvilleGrades: 6-12 | 596 students
131 Brookville Road
Brookville, NY 11545
- MerrickGrades: K-8 | 118 students
1425 Merrick Ave
Merrick, NY 11566
Both my son and daughter have gone here from nursery to 8th grade. We are so happy with their love for learning and the balanced life we live because of this small and specialized community of educators. We will continue through the high school.
- Posted by Parent - Proud parent
I am from Shanghai China and my daughter hope to study in your senior high school. She want to get information about how to apply and how much be to pay. Thank you so much.
- Posted by Parent - Lizhe
My son went to Waldorf school in Garden city last year and he was K. I strongly recommend this school especially their younger child education. It's a lovely environment with caring and knowledgable teachers. Our teacher is Mrs. Helwig and she's a great teacher.
- Posted by Parent - shell
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.