St Joseph Elementary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The primary purpose of Saint Joseph School is to integrate the teachings, values, rituals and traditions of our Catholic faith into the religious, intellectual, social and physical development of the students we teach.
- We are dedicated to creating a faith community that witnesses compassion and respect for others through our words and actions.
- Our goal is to insure that all students receive a strong academic and religious foundation so that they may achieve their full potential while becoming moral, responsible, peace loving, global citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garden City Grades: NS-8 | 520 students
25 Dartmouth Street
Garden City, NY 11530
(516)352-1205 2.4 NS-8
- Brentwood Grades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631)273-2406 20.8 K-12
Great school, with dedicated faculty and outstanding new principalDedicated families and great extra curriculars, soccer teams, basketball teams, and our kids play in the GC sports too. AMAZING enrichment programs , outside of normal classes, for the middle school (They had a Mini Med School series of dissections and lectures!)Great inviting community. I love this school
- Posted by Parent - debbie_10
I am a parent of two graduates and a Garden City resident. . Both children attended from N-8 and attended Their first choice Catholic high school - where they excelled academically and are now enrolled in a top 30 college. St Joe`s prepared them academically for a rigorous high school curriculum and served as a outstanding foundation for their continued success. Moreover, they were nurtured in a caring, values-based environment fostered by teachers, staff and an engaged parent community. Bullying didn`t happen at St. Joe`s - and if negative behavior happened - they are kids after all ! - there was a prompt response by faculty and admin alike. It`s a real community at St Joe`s - welcoming to all and dedicated to ensuring your child thrives in a supportive and personalized environment. Lucky to have a great option like St Joe`s in Garden City and the best investment we could have made for our family.
- Posted by Parent - #goStJoes
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.