Sacred Heart Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Established in 1949 in Hempstead, New York by the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood, New York, Sacred Heart Academy is a Catholic college-preparatory school whose singular purpose is to educate young women who have strong academic and leadership potential.
- Sacred Heart Academy empowers young women to make a difference in their communities, professions, the Church and the global world.
- Students are empowered by academic excellence, which are both an expectation and an aspiration.
- Rooted in the Gospel of Jesus and steeped in the tradition and spirituality of the Sisters of St. Joseph, the mission of Sacred Heart Academy is to live and witness, reconciliation, unity, justice, peace and God's inclusive love.
- Sacred Heart Academy strives through the highest academic and spiritual standards to prepare, empower, impassion and inspire women leaders who are mindful of the call to work for justice and peace in an increasingly interdependent and connected global community.
- Passionate and purposeful love of learning is fostered in an environment that is both challenging and nurturing.
- In an atmosphere of Hospitality, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Trust, those entrusted to the care of Sacred Heart Academy are encouraged always to "lead with heart.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1996|
|Total Students||796 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology 12H, AP Calculus AB 12H, AP Chemistry 12H, AP English Language & Composition/British Lit 11H, AP English Literature & Composition/World Lit 12H, AP Music Theory/Advanced Harmony 12H, AP Physics 11H, 12H, AP Portfolio 12, AP Psychology 12H, AP Spanish Language, AP United States History & Government 11H, AP World History I,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- Our exceptional student-teacher ratio at Sacred Heart Academy promotes outstanding student achievement. Typically, over 90% of our graduates receive $45 million in academic, artistic and athletic college scholarships annually and attend some of the nation`s finest universities. In addition, our focus on the specific needs of young women creates a unique environment that both challenges and nurtures our students to help them discover and achieve their full potential.
- At Sacred Heart Academy, rigorous academics, varied extra-curricular activities and religious values are woven together to nourish mind, body and soul. As women of compassion, our students form a supportive community that embraces a spirit of truth, goodness, love and generosity. An integral part of this relationship is the more than 10,000 alumnae who remain closely connected to our school, our students and each other.
- Since 1949, we have been developing confident, purposeful and successful women who are ready to face life`s challenges. Sacred Heart students are called to respond to the principles of social justice so that they may make a difference in their communities, in the Church and in the world. Our graduates take their places among the top echelons of business, government and academia, firmly grounded in the values that they shared at Sacred Heart Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Uniondale Grades: 6-12 | 2657 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
(516)292-0200 2.9 6-12
- Hicksville Grades: 9-12 | 950 students
98 Cherry Ln
Hicksville, NY 11801
(516)433-2900 6 9-12
- West Islip Grades: 9-12 | 1556 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
(631)587-8000 17.9 9-12
- Merrick Grades: K-12 | 150 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
(516)379-2223 5.1 K-12
- Valley Stream Grades: K-12 | 153 students
12 E. Fairview Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
(516)561-6122 4.6 K-12
Excellent school with high expectations of the women that attend there! Community minded and a superior college preparatory education! I would highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - LoriB
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.