Hanc - Middle & High School
- The Hebrew Academy of Nassau County (HANC) educates boys and girls from nursery through high school throughout Long Island by providing a high quality and thorough curriculum rooted in Torah (religious studies) and mada (general studies), based in academic excellence.
- HANC provides a dynamic, Orthodox Jewish education that fosters intellectual and spiritual understanding and love of Torah, and commitment to its mitzvot and values.
- An emphasis on midot tovot (good character) infuses all aspects of school life.
- HANC provides a challenging curriculum in general studies according to the highest educational standards as a complement to, and enhancement of, Torah study.
- By creating a climate of active intellectual inquiry in both disciplines, HANC encourages exploration and understanding of the world.
- HANC emphasizes the responsibility of each Jew toward G-d and all people.
- HANC instills in its students Ahavat Yisrael-love of Israel--as embracing the Land and State of Israel, and fellow Jews.
- HANC inculcates in its students the ideals of the American democratic heritage of freedom, justice and human dignity.
- HANC, in keeping with its long-standing goal of "chanoch lana'ar al pi darkho" (teach a child according to his abilities), provides a stimulating education for students with differing levels of academic ability and from differing backgrounds according to the various individual needs of the students.
- HANC partners with parents to nurture each student to develop as an entire person.
- By providing diverse academic and extracurricular programs, HANC enables and encourages students to discover and excel in fields in which they can lead meaningful lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1011 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
MerrickGrades: K-12 | 133 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
HempsteadGrades: 9-12 | 808 students
47 Cathedral Ave
Hempstead, NY 11550
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017