- Garden School was founded in 1923 to meet the need for a high-quality, independent school in Queens.
- This mission remains unchanged as the faculty and administration work to offer the student body the best possible education in an atmosphere where both individual goals and those of the community are respected and nurtured.
- At Garden School we focus on helping our students develop the skills they need to thrive in school and in life.
- All children are uniquely talented and have their own learning styles, so we combine time-tested teaching methods with creative approaches to reach out to all of our learners.
- Garden School offers a one-year English Language Academy (ELA) program for international students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English, AP French, AP Modern European History, AP Spanish, AP US History, Political Philosophy (H),|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Must be presentable, not distracting, and free of inappropriate artwork, logos, text, etc. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,940|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
|Admissions Director||Jim Gaines (7-11) and William Vogel (N-6)|
|Endowment Size||1.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art studio, bowling, chess club, community service, dance class, drama, fine arts, gymnastics, homework club, intramural sports, karate, literary magazine, math club, math team, music lessons, performing arts, piano lessons, robotics team, sports, student council, swimming, theater, tutoring, volleyball, yearbook club art studio, bowling, chess club, dance class, drama, fine arts, gymnastics, homework club, karate, math club, math team, music lessons, piano lessons, robotics team, sports, swimming, theater, tutoring, volleyball, yearbook club, community service,
- Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
- Small by design, we provide 315 students with a strong and highly enriched academic experience that offers a realistic option for New York families.
- Garden students thrive in small class sizes because they receive a greater degree of individual attention which helps them realize their academic potential. That`s the key advantage of a Garden School education: higher academic standards combined with an environment conducive to scholastic excellence.
- Garden's fully-enclosed, well-equipped campus is situated on a quiet street in New York's most diverse borough. Our student body reflects our surroundings and encourages a healthy and positive cultural exchange. We recognize students for who they are, and cultivate their unique identity to better awaken intellectual curiosity and inspire independent thinking.
- Our reading specialist, art, music, chess and world languages classes, interscholastic sports program, 7 AP courses, robotics and debate clubs, afterschool program and comprehensive college counseling contribute to a Garden student's success.
- Private bus transportation, a lunch program and tuition assistance are available. Tours are scheduled at your convenience. Weekly Open Houses are scheduled every Wednesday at 9 AM.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Jackson HeightsGrades: PK-10 | 575 students
81-10 35th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Forest HillsGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
East ElmhurstGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
3220 108th St
East Elmhurst, NY 11369
Fresh MeadowsGrades: K-8 | 146 students
19310 Peck Ave
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Jackson HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 523 students
3527 82nd Street
Jackson Heights, NY 11372