Garden School Photo #2 - Garden's fully-enclosed, well-equipped campus is situated on a quiet street in New York's most diverse borough.
Garden School Photo #3 - Small by design, we provide 315 students with a strong and highly enriched academic experience that offers a realistic option for New York families.
Garden School Photo #4 - Garden students thrive in small class sizes because they receive a greater degree of individual attention which helps them realize their academic potential.
Garden School Photo #5 - We recognize students for who they are, and cultivate their unique identity to better awaken intellectual curiosity and inspire independent thinking.
Garden School Photo #6 - The key advantage of a Garden School education: higher academic standards combined with an environment conducive to scholastic excellence.
Garden School Photo #7 - Our student body reflects our surroundings and encourages a healthy and positive cultural exchange.
Garden School Photo #8 - Garden School's athletic program gives students a chance to participate in sports in ways that are accessible and supportive.
Garden School Photo #9 - Our goal from the earliest grades through high school is to develop lifelong learners who excel in academics and individuals who enhance Garden School and the college they later attend. All students have their own strengths, weaknesses, talents, and dreams. The college search seeks to find the best match for our graduates, places where they can thrive and learn.
Garden School Photo #10 - Private, door-to-door bus transportation using our own buses and drivers, a lunch program and tuition assistance are available.Weekly Open Houses are scheduled every Wednesday at 9 AM. No RSVP is necessary and your child is welcome. Private tours are scheduled at your convenience.
- Garden School was founded in 1923 to meet the need for a high-quality, independent school in Queens.
- This mission remains unchanged as the faculty and administration work to offer the student body the best possible education in an atmosphere where both individual goals and those of the community are respected and nurtured.
- At Garden School we focus on helping our students develop the skills they need to thrive in school and in life.
- All children are uniquely talented and have their own learning styles, so we combine time-tested teaching methods with creative approaches to reach out to all of our learners.
- Garden School offers a one-year English Language Academy (ELA) program for international students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English, AP French, AP Modern European History, AP Spanish, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Must be presentable, not distracting, and free of inappropriate artwork, logos, text, etc. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,660|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
|Admissions Director||Jim Gaines (7-12) and William Vogel (N-6)|
|Endowment Size||$1.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess club, community service, homework club, literary magazine, math club, math team, robotics team, student council, theater, tutoring, yearbook club
Arts and Music Programs:
art studio, dance class, drama, fine arts, music lessons, performing arts, piano lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
bowling, gymnastics, intramural sports, karate, sports, swimming, volleyball
- Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
- Small by design, we provide 315 students with a strong and highly enriched academic experience that offers a realistic option for New York families.
- Garden students thrive in small class sizes because they receive a greater degree of individual attention which helps them realize their academic potential. That`s the key advantage of a Garden School education: higher academic standards combined with an environment conducive to scholastic excellence.
- Garden's fully-enclosed, well-equipped campus is situated on a quiet street in New York's most diverse borough. Our student body reflects our surroundings and encourages a healthy and positive cultural exchange. We recognize students for who they are, and cultivate their unique identity to better awaken intellectual curiosity and inspire independent thinking.
- Our reading specialist, art, music, chess and world languages classes, interscholastic sports program, 7 AP courses, robotics and debate clubs, afterschool program and comprehensive college counseling contribute to a Garden student's success.
- Private bus transportation, a lunch program and tuition assistance are available. Tours are scheduled at your convenience. Weekly Open Houses are scheduled every Wednesday at 9 AM.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Heights Grades: PK-10 | 575 students
81-10 35th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
(718)457-0429 0.3 PK-10
- Forest Hills Grades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)223-4667 4.1 PK-12
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.