A Child's Place Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (718) 565-2170
A Child's Place Day School Photo #2 - Toddlers creativity and artistic expression is encouraged to practice fine motor skills and socialization skills.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #3 - Small groups are used in all lessons to cater learning to students individual strengths and weaknesses. Work is modified to meet the needs of each student in each subject.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #4 - Small class sizes of less than 20 students gives teachers the opportunity to work one-to-one with students on a daily basis.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #5 - Learning is presented in many different ways to help students understand curriculum content in their individual learning styles. Children also work individually, with partners and in small groups to complete assignments.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #6 - Our "Bring Your Own Device" program encourages students to bring their tablets from home as a supplemental resource for their classroom work. Students use the internet to research information in class, view learning videos and read books.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #7 - Football legend Mr. Tony Dungy joined us during our Annual Read-A-Thon, along with his wife Lauren Dungy, to share their best-selling book.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #8 - Former US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, visited our school and took a picture with the owners and some of our students.
A Child's Place Day School Photo #9 - A Child's Place kicks off Summer Camp with our Annual Community Bike Parade. Summer Camp is 8-9 weeks and is offered to 5-12 year olds for 4 weeks or more.
- A Child`s Place is a loving center that serves families of children age 6 weeks thru fifth grade.
- The goal of our program is to be instrumental in preparing each child for the world experiences that will come as they enter their school age years.
- We strive to instill a sense of self-confidence, positive self-esteem and a feeling of independence in each of our children.
- We attempt to do this with love and understanding. Our grade school classes are small and offer individual instruction for all types of learners.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on age and grade of children. Several discounts and plans available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Denice Coles Jeffries El|
|Admissions Associate||Tamesha Coles|
- A Child's Place is open from 6:30am-7pm, Monday-Friday with few school closings and vacations. We offer a meals program for all children, parent volunteer program, gifted and talented program, dual language program, after-school, tutoring, summer camp, computer lab, and much more. One-On-One family tours available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Heights Grades: PK-10 | 575 students
81-10 35th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
(718) 457-0429 1.3 PK-10
- East Elmhurst Grades: K-9 | 642 students
2538 80th St
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
(718) 429-7031 1.5 K-9
- Forest Hills Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 223-4667 3.4 NS-12
Great school! Small classes, family environment. Teachers really care about their students.
- Posted by Parent - Jamie S.
I Love "A Childs place so much because my teacher is nice and my little sister, Aubrie Saige Evans goes with me . Thank you so much a childs place for making my future bright and my little sisters future more than bright but both of ours gleam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andya
This is a family owned business that really cares about the students and their families. The students are achieving on a high level and receive a lot of individual attention. 100% worth the money!!
- Posted by Parent - Love7
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.