P.L.A.I.D. (Positive Learning in an Atmosphere of Individual Development) Academy's goal is to welcome each child into the realm of the successful independent learner.
The learning experience designed to achieve this goal places equal emphasis on knowledge, comprehension, application and creativity.
While basic elements may be traditional, the learning experience is often unique. Multi-sensory teaching techniques and integrated curriculum encourage synergy for the learner between classroom experiences and real world expectations.
Community resources are used to enrich the curriculum. Our small class size allows for individual attention and the interaction between students.
The right of each child to realize his or her learning potential is recognized side by side with the belief that self-confidence and the ability to work well with others help the student realize the full benefits of education.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 31 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Acceptance rate: 86%
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, language-based, mild learning differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- P.L.A.I.D. Academy opened its doors in 1994. A state recognized private school, the learning experience places equal emphasis on knowledge, comprehension, application and creativity. PLAID graduates are self-confident, independent learners who successfully transition into the high school of their choice. Through a traditional, yet innovative curriculum, PLAID students continually assess skills, set goals and evaluate progress. Multi-sensory teaching techniques and an integrated curriculum encourage synergy for the learner between classroom experiences and real world expectations. Frequent field trips are utilized to enrich the curriculum. Small class size allows for individual attention and the interaction between students. Enhanced Curriculum includes Chinese, Hip-Hop, yoga, swim, and President's Physical Fitness Program, Extracurricular and Intramural activities and an Extended Day Program. P.L.A.I.D. also offers ELS, Essential Learning System, which is an individualized program that addresses learning differences and accelerates student progression. Mulit-sensory exercises enhance linguistic acquistion, coding and transfer learning. Sensory Integration Training develops reflexive learning and links visual, auditory, and motor development.
Endorse PLAID Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards