Tel: (847) 768-7188
- Plato Academy is a place where each student has a voice.
- Our goal is to nurture children who will become capable and competent individuals.
- Competence results from determination and genuine effort. Students are challenged through thoughtful conversations with their teachers and encouraged to take risks in order to become true problem solvers.
- The curriculum is driven by student interest and designed by teachers to meet the needs of all students.
- Plato Academy curriculum is interdisciplinary and includes a true commitment to the arts.
- We intend for all students to have a well-rounded learning experience that emphasizes intellect and character.
- In preparation of becoming the citizens of tomorrow, Plato Academy curriculum also involves students in service to the community.
- Plato graduates go to high school confidently prepared for success.
- Our graduates are accepted by the finest college prep high schools and go on to distinguish themselves at the colleges of their choice.
Plato Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Maria Bolos|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Plaines Grades: NS-8 | 74 students
832 Lee St
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 390-0990 0.1 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.