Prairie Green School
Prairie Green School opened its doors August 18, 2011 to all children ages 5-12 years old.
In 2013 we added on a pre-k classroom which has 6 children.
This unique non-profit school provides the Iowa City area with a year-round holistic schooling option. We are located at The Cosgrove Institute, which was once a church school built in 1913. We rent two classrooms and have access to the library, kitchen, gymnasium, performing stage and many acres of green space.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 18 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
An additional transportation fee for those community from Iowa City area.
- The mission of the teachers at Prairie Green School is to teach the whole child by differentiating instruction according to student readiness and interest. Prairie Green School will educate the whole child by teaching according to student readiness and interest restructure the school calendar to maximize student learning by being a year-round school have the ability to differentiate instruction due to small class size and home schooling environment provide quality curriculum that is rigorous and relevant to students have a strong focus on schooling for sustainability allow for students to have a voice through our democratic school structure have dedicated and loving teachers, staff, and volunteers that carry out the school's ideals every minute of every day
Endorse Prairie Green School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.