Promising Start Learning Academy
- Our certified elementary teachers provide individualized instruction to children in our FULL DAY Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade class.
- The curriculum includes Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Sciences as well as Art, Music, P.E., Technology and Spanish.
- Our small class size of 12 students allows for personalized instruction and meets Virginia state requirements for compulsory school attendance. Come visit us today!.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,325|
|Admissions Director||Stacie Kling|
Promising Start Learning Academy is the PERFECT SOLUTION for:
- Working Parents - Before and after school care is available
- Advanced students - Keep them moving forward rather than "coasting" through public school and developing problem behaviors or habits
- Students who "just miss" the public kindergarten cut-off for attendance
- Children who have strong interests and/or areas of accelerated/decelerated learning - Promising Start individualizes instruction to cater to each child's strengths and weaknesses.
- Parents who desire their child's first experience of formal schooling to be in a safe and nurturing environment - Promising Start's unique home-based classroom is the ideal first school for young children. Instead of florescent lights, hard tile floors and a noisy, disruptive environment, Promising Start offers a calm and cozy classroom on a dedicated floor of a private home.
- Parents and children who think learning should be
fun! Students at Promising Start help determine the
subject matter of their educational studies. Hands-on
investigations are a staple of the curriculum. Students have the
freedom of pursuing their interests as teachers incorporate the
basics of a solid education into favorite topics and
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bluemont Grades: PK-6 | 60 students
33874 Snickersville Turnpike
Bluemont, VA 20135
(540)554-2284 2.6 PK-6
- Purcellville Grades: PK-6
280 North Hatcher Avenue
Purcellville, VA 20132
(540)751-1065 3.9 PK-6
- Purcellville Grades: PK-K | 119 students
205 N Maple Ave
Purcellville, VA 20132
(540)338-6203 4.4 PK-K
- Berryville Grades: 2-12 | 85 students
180 Grafton Lane
Berryville, VA 22611 8.4 2-12
- Middleburg Grades: 8-12 | 130 students
35321 Notre Dame Lane
Middleburg, VA 20117
(540)687-5581 9.7 8-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.