5.00 (5 reviews)
- Providence Christian Academy was founded in 2004, andhasquickly become Northwest Arkansas` leadingChristian,independent,K-12 college-preparatoryprivateschool.
- Providence is conveniently located off I-49 inthePinnacle/Southwest Rogers area of Northwest Arkansas.
- PCCA students come from over87 churches, and every majorcityand town in the region.
- Providence is dedicated to "Building Leaders for Christ",whichis the #1 distinctive vs. a public or charter school.
- Students who attend Providence receive atop-tier,college-preparatory education from a Christ-centered,dedicatedcollege of faculty.
- Providence utilizes the university-model system toensurestudents are prepared to succeed. Providence Academy offers excellent academics,championshipathletics, and student activities.
Providence Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Arkansas for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||553 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by Grade. Range is $3300-$6,000; $10,000 for International Students (includes tuition and housing)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Margie Samuel|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Riflery, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Journalism, Junior Classical League, Latin Club, Math Club, Music/Choir, National Honor Society, Outdoor Survival Club, Robotics, Student Government, Theatre, Worship Team, Yearbook|
- Providence Christian Academy was founded in 2004, andhasquickly become Northwest Arkansas` leading independent,K-12college-preparatory private school. Providence isconvenientlylocated off I-49 in the Pinnacle/Southwest Rogers areaof NorthwestArkansas. PCCA students come from over87 churches, andeverymajor city and town in the region. Students who attendProvidencereceive a top-tier, college-preparatory education fromaChrist-centered, dedicated college of faculty. Providenceutilizesthe university-model system to ensure students are preparedtosucceed. Providence Academy offers excellentacademics,championship athletics, and student activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rogers Grades: PK-8 | 362 students
1315 W Cypress St
Rogers, AR 72758
(479)636-4421 4 PK-8
- Rogers Grades: NS-8 | 193 students
3364 W Pleasant Grove Rd
Rogers, AR 72758
(479)878-1052 1.3 NS-8
- Bentonville Grades: PK-3 | 72 students
4208 E Central Ave
Bentonville, AR 72712
(479)271-9424 5.8 PK-3
We just completed our 7th year at Providence Academy, and I am so thankful for this school. Our children are learning time management, growing in independence, and developing a strong work ethic that will prepare them for college and beyond. They are receiving a rigorous education with a Christian worldview that upholds the values we teach at home. The teachers are committed to teaching creatively and effectively and their partnership with parents is unmatched. We love having all the advantages of a great school (dedicated teachers, athletics, fine arts, etc.) While also having our children home more and actively participating in their education. It is truly the best of both worlds.
- Posted by Parent - Jillian
We just completed our first year at Providence for our son who was in 7th grade, and we've loved it. We've been in Fayetteville public schools from K-6 and still have two other kids that just completed first and fifth grade at Root and McNair. We will probably be switching all our kids to Providence before junior high, if not sooner, as we just aren't confident the public schools are able to give a quality learning environment for our kids. We've had struggles for years with disruptive students who have learning and behavioral disorders, who have threatened our kids, repeatedly said inappropriate things to our kids, others, and the teachers, and caused constant distractions in class. With Fayetteville public school's policy to integrate all kids with learning disabilities and the inability for them to have discipline and order in the classroom, we felt it was time to leave. And more recently, during the online learning through COVID-19, the public school teachers try their best, but they are hamstrung by the edicts of the Department of Education and school districts, who literally changed the game Plan 4 times in 4 weeks in how virtual school would work. And in the end, none of the work counted towards their grades. We're seriously considering moving our younger kids to Providence as well, because if the Fayetteville schools are going to Yoyo between online and in-class school this fall if the pandemic continues, we will miss another semester of good education. Providence during this time has continued live classes, had actual teaching, and there was educational progress as opposed to busy work that didn't count. The teachers and learning environment at Providence is great. We appreciate the Christian atmosphere and teaching, though the attitudes and character of the teachers and administration is more important to me than what Christian education they give, as I can do that at home. So we really are thankful that our kids are being taught by adults who have a biblical worldview and personal integrity.
- Posted by Parent - John
I have 2 Providence Academy graduates who have gone to college well prepared. A large percentage of the students at PCCA participate in clubs, athletics, and the arts, which ultimately produces more leadership opportunities and a great college admissions resume'. I highly recommend Providence Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Debra Guthrie
My children have been at Providence Academy since my first-born started kindergarten there in 2009. I can't imagine our family's story without Providence being part of our lives. We love having the best of both the school and homeschool worlds through the university model. We have more time as a family with our kids at home with us and with each other. But they also get to experience the perks of a school community. My kids love being involved in activities such as musical theater, band, archery, science fair, and National Honor Society. My favorite aspect of Providence Academy is the Christian worldview my children have gained through the classical education. God's Word is central to everything they learn in all subjects. Our dedicated teachers work hard to inspire creativity, critical thinking, and diligence in our kids. We're so grateful for the opportunity to partner with Providence in our children's education!
- Posted by Parent - Marissa
We have really enjoyed Providence Academy. The school talks about "Building Leaders for Christ" in every area of the school, and we have seen it first-hand with our kids. The academics are very strong, the athletics have been outstanding, and our children have loved being part of a college-prep school that is Christian. I am thankful how they can offer such a high level, accredited education at 1/2 the cost of the other private schools in our area.
- Posted by Parent - rhl
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.