- Renaissance Academy provides a Montessori preschool-through-eighth grade school with top quality academics, high expectations of students, and a wide array of enrichment activities.
- It is the goal of Renaissance Academy to keep each child challenged, to constantly raise the bar, assist in overall social, emotional, and academic development, immerse students in a rich learning environment, filled with information, varied experiences, and high expectations. Renaissance Academy offers a unique learning environment that supports the development of children socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
- The enriched elementary program offers the explorative materials of Montessori in combination with more traditional educational tools.
- We know that our approach works - happy students and superior test scores are our proof.
- Renaissance Academy Charter School incorporates hands-on, abstract, traditional, and cutting-edge techniques to create each childs work plan focused on the ways that he or she best learns.
- Renaissance Academy Charter School offers families of the area a school with an academically focused Montessori philosophy of education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms required for 1st - 8th grades)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for PK only. One time enrollment fees apply to KG - 8th grade. Please see our website for details.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Music, music lessons
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.