Tel: (219) 878-8711
- Renaissance Academy provides a Montessori preschool-through-eighth grade school with top quality academics, high expectations of students, and a wide array of enrichment activities.
- It is the goal of Renaissance Academy to keep each child challenged, to constantly raise the bar, assist in overall social, emotional, and academic development, immerse students in a rich learning environment, filled with information, varied experiences, and high expectations. Renaissance Academy offers a unique learning environment that supports the development of children socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
- The enriched elementary program offers the explorative materials of Montessori in combination with more traditional educational tools.
- We know that our approach works - happy students and superior test scores are our proof.
- Renaissance Academy Charter School incorporates hands-on, abstract, traditional, and cutting-edge techniques to create each childs work plan focused on the ways that he or she best learns.
- Renaissance Academy Charter School offers families of the area a school with an academically focused Montessori philosophy of education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms required for 1st - 8th grades)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for PK only. One time enrollment fees apply to KG - 8th grade. Please see our website for details.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Music, music lessons
Profile last updated:
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?