Ridgewood Baptist Academy
- Ridgewood Baptist Academy is dedicated to training young people to be Christ-like in character and action and to reach their potential spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically in an atmosphere of excellence.
- We want the young people attending Ridgewood Baptist Academy to take their academics seriously and be willing to improve themselves in a variety of fields in order to be well-rounded individuals for the glory of God.
- The Bible, though not the only textbook, is taught and its principles are applied in all aspects of learning.
- We expect our students to possess self-discipline in all areas of life, to respect the authority that God has placed in their lives, to love our great country, and to develop sound values that can be used for a lifetime.
- We want our students not only to learn how to make a living, but more importantly, how to truly live.
- We wish for each student to acquire a desire for a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and develop habits of daily Bible reading and prayer that will benefit them for a lifetime.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||163 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Romeoville Grades: PK-12 | 144 students
301 W Normantown Rd
Romeoville, IL 60446
(815)886-4850 9.2 PK-12
- Joliet Grades: PK-8 | 130 students
201 S Briggs Street
Joliet, IL 60433
(815)727-4600 0.6 PK-8
- Joliet Grades: PK-8 | 169 students
702 N Broadway Street
Joliet, IL 60435
(815)722-8518 2.7 PK-8
- Oak Lawn Grades: PK-12 | 84 students
5220 West 105th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(708)425-3435 19 PK-12
- Portage Grades: NS-12 | 277 students
3040 Arlene Street
Portage, IN 46368
(219)762-8962 42.4 NS-12
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.