Sacred Heart Catholic School
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #2 - Sacramental preparation is included for First Communion and First Reconciliation. Any student, regardless of their age, who is not already baptized is guided towards that sacrament with the assistance of our Pastor and Deacons.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #3 - Our Three-year-old Preschool (shown in photo) and 4K classrooms are both academically based and age-appropriate for our youngest of learners. Students are engaged in Jesus Time, art exposure, centers, physical education, music, and field trips, while learning numbers, letters, shapes, self-help skills, sharing, calendar, and participating in the Handwriting without Tears program.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #4 - Our middle school students have opportunities to participate in Athletics, Band, Forensics, Instrumental Lessons, Spring Science and Art Fair, 8th grade Mission Trip, Cardinal Athletics Invitational, Service Projects, and more!
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #5 - Service projects are just one way that we share our faith. Students participate in a community leaf raking, supply drives for Haiti Mission Trips, collecting toys for Toys for Tots, and non-perishable collections for SAM25 (local homeless shelter), Safe Haven Women's Shelter, and the local food pantry.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #6 - Our students receive instruction from caring and licensed teachers. They also receive specialized instruction in physical education, music, art, and math/reading intervention. We are blessed to also have on staff a Learning Support Teacher, who guides students with academic, social, behavioral, and more personal struggles.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #7 - We love to gather together in God's name and celebrate our weekly All School Mass as well as special feast days like the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #8 - Our students enjoy special time together at our parties like our end of the year Beach Party, Catholic Schools Week Open House, Community Wide Halloween Party, Pajama and Movie Days, and Special Persons Day!
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #9 - We enroll the whole family, and work hard to build a welcoming and positive relationship with each parent/guardian. We know that a big part of student success is a positive relationship and good communication between home and school. We hold special events that welcome families and the greater community onto our campus to build friendships and fellowship!
- We are a Three-year-old Preschool through Grade 8 Catholic school in Shawano, WI. We offer a faith-based curriculum, low student/teacher ratios, instruction from caring/licensed teachers, a culturally diverse student population, and more!Our mission statement reads "Sacred Heart Catholic School educates our students to witness for themselves and others, the Sacred Heart of Jesus.Therefore let us work cooperatively to ensure the optimum academic, spiritual, physical, and social growth of every student.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo and Khaki pants on Mass days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost differs based on grade of enrollment, and includes the parish subsidy. Please contact our Admissions Director to allow us to work with your family and share our scholarships, discounts, subsidies, credits, and tuition assistance options. We are also a School Choice/Voucher school now. Applications accepted from February-April.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Autumne Gee|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Instrumental Instructions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT CARDINAL PRIDE! WE ARE A SCHOOL OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND OUR STAFF WORKS HARD TO ENSURE LEARNING IS A SUCCESS! WE SHOW OUR CARDINAL PRIDE BY DOING OUR BEST...AT SCHOOL AND AT HOME!!
- Our teachers worked diligently to develope new, creative, and adaptive methods for our students to learn remotely. This included the use of online apps and tools, paper packets, face to face technology like Zoom and Bloomz, sharing helpful website information, and staying in regular contact with families via email, phone, text, and social media. Our student's success and well-being is our highest priority. We will always put in the hard-work and heart-work to ensure our students grow and learn in this whatever teaching format is asked of us.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shawano Grades: PK-8 | 257 students
324 S Andrews St
Shawano, WI 54166
(715)524-4213 0.2 PK-8
- Antigo Grades: PK-8 | 237 students
419 6th Ave
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-4835 36.2 PK-8
- Antigo Grades: NS-8 | 102 students
300 Lincoln St
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-2200 36.6 NS-8
- Appleton Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
W2796 County Road Kk
Appleton, WI 54915
(920)733-2651 39.4 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.