Sacred Heart Catholic School
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #2 - Our Three-year-old Preschool (shown in photo) and 4K classrooms are both academically based and age-appropriate for our youngest of learners. Students are engaged in Jesus Time, art exposure, centers, physical education, music, and field trips, while learning numbers, letters, shapes, self-help skills, sharing, calendar, and participating in the Handwriting without Tears program.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #4 - Sacramental preparation is included for First Communion and First Reconciliation. Any student, regardless of their age, who is not already baptized is guided towards that sacrament with the assistance of our Pastor and Deacons.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #5 - We enroll the whole family, and work hard to build a welcoming and positive relationship with each parent/guardian. We know that a big part of student success is a positive relationship and good communication between home and school.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #6 - Service projects are just one way that we share our faith. We show our support for Red Nose Day, which helps bring awareness to childhood poverty. Students also participate in a community leaf raking, supply drives for Haiti Mission Trips, collecting toys for Toys for Tots, and non-perishable collections for SAM25 (local homeless shelter).
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #7 - Our students receive instruction from caring and licensed teachers. They also receive specialized instruction in physical education, music, art, and math/reading intervention. We are blessed to also have on staff a Learning Support Teacher, who guides students with academic, social, behavioral, and more personal struggles.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Photo #8 - Our middle school students have opportunities to participate in Athletics, Band, Forensics, Instrumental Lessons, Spring Science and Art Fair, 8th grade Mission Trip, Cardinal Athletics Invitational, Service Projects, and more!
- Sacred Heart Catholic School is a fully accredited Three-year-old Preschool through 8th grade school.
- We strive for excellence in our students both spiritually and academically.
- We invite you to come and see how Catholic Education can make a difference in your children's lives.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School has, then, as its purpose to make our faith become a living, conscious and active part of everyone's lives through our instruction.
- The school is concerned with the development of the entire human person with attention being given to the religious, moral, intellectual, emotional and physical development of youth.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School will provide a caring and stimulating learning environment through teaching and living our Catholic Faith.
- We will help each student appreciate and develop their unique strengths and abilities.
- We will encourage them to become active, responsible, educated members of their family, parish, community and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo and Khaki pants on Mass days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost differs based on grade of enrollment, and includes the parish subsidy. Please contact our school office to allow us to work with your family and share our scholarships, discounts, subsidies, credits, and tuition assistance options. We are also a School Choice/Voucher school now. Applications accepted from February-April.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Autumne Gee|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band Program, Instrumental Instructions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our mission statement reads "Sacred Heart Catholic School educates our students to witness for themselves and others, the Sacred Heart of Jesus.Therefore let us work cooperatively to ensure the optimum academic, spiritual, physical, and social growth of every student."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shawano Grades: K-8 | 253 students
324 S Andrews St
Shawano, WI 54166
(715)524-4213 0.2 K-8
- Antigo Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
419 6th Ave
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-4835 36.2 PK-8
- Antigo Grades: NS-8 | 102 students
300 Lincoln St
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-2200 36.6 NS-8
- Appleton Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
W2796 County Road Kk
Appleton, WI 54915
(920)733-2651 39.4 PK-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.