Sacred Heart Parish School
- Sacred Heart Catholic School of Uvalde is under the direction of the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
- The distinct purpose of the Catholic schools is to proclaim the Gospel message, to build community, and to educate.
- Within the school community the administrators, teachers, clergy, parents and students experience together what it means to live a life of prayer, community, personal responsibility, and freedom, manifesting the Gospel values of peace, justice, community, love, patience, reconciliation, and respect.
- The curriculum in all schools of the Archdiocese of San Antonio is developed and based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and the national standards in specific academic area along with the integration of Gospel values.
- Curriculum/Standards Guides are developed and revised as needed with required in services for school personnel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- UvaldeGrades: PK-2 | 67 students
343 N Getty St
Uvalde, TX 78801
- Crystal CityGrades: PK-7 | 62 students
Po Box 266
Crystal City, TX 78839
- HondoGrades: NS-PK | 46 students
Po Box 425
Hondo, TX 78861
- DilleyGrades: 1-12 | 18 students
Po Box 128
Dilley, TX 78017
- DevineGrades: PK-10 | 45 students
Po Box 172
Devine, TX 78016
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.