Sacred Heart Parish School
- Sacred Heart Catholic School of Uvalde is under the direction of the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
- The distinct purpose of the Catholic schools is to proclaim the Gospel message, to build community, and to educate.
- Within the school community the administrators, teachers, clergy, parents and students experience together what it means to live a life of prayer, community, personal responsibility, and freedom, manifesting the Gospel values of peace, justice, community, love, patience, reconciliation, and respect.
- The curriculum in all schools of the Archdiocese of San Antonio is developed and based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and the national standards in specific academic area along with the integration of Gospel values.
- Curriculum/Standards Guides are developed and revised as needed with required in services for school personnel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
UvaldeGrades: PK-2 | 67 students
343 N Getty St
Uvalde, TX 78801
Crystal CityGrades: PK-7 | 62 students
Po Box 266
Crystal City, TX 78839
HondoGrades: NS-PK | 46 students
Po Box 425
Hondo, TX 78861
DilleyGrades: 1-12 | 18 students
Po Box 128
Dilley, TX 78017
DevineGrades: PK-10 | 45 students
Po Box 172
Devine, TX 78016
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?