Sacred Heart School
- We, the faculty and staff of Sacred Heart School, direct our efforts toward the Catholic Christian education of youth.
- Inspired by the boundless love of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, we are committed to providing a loving, caring atmosphere in which to nurture each child's God-given gifts and talents.
- We focus on the immutable Gospel message and seek to be responsive to present day needs and concerns in this ever-changing world.
- Following the tireless example of our founder, the Right Reverend Monsignor Lucyan Bojnowski, who so strongly believed in a Catholic education for his Polish immigrants, we strive to maintain his tradition and ideals by continuing to offer a holistic education to our parish and community youth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Britain Grades: 6-8 | 111 students
30 Pendleton Road
New Britain, CT 06053
(860)225-8720 1.8 6-8
- Berlin Grades: NS-8 | 242 students
461 Alling St
Berlin, CT 06037
(860)828-4343 2.7 NS-8
- Bristol Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
1001 Stafford Ave
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)584-0911 6.7 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.