Saint Aloysius School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (502) 241-8516
- By joining St. Aloysius you are joining not only a school or a church, but a faith community.
- We are a family that comforts one another in hardship, depends upon one another for success, and rejoices together in the many blessings God has bestowed on us.
- Our students enjoy the comforts of modern technology with SmartBoards, Chromebooks, and iPads available to all classes.
- Yet, we also have the personal touches of big brothers/sisters for primary students, a middle school community system, and a dedicated faculty and staff that sponsor over 20 extracurricular activities.
- Beyond the traditional academics, St. Aloysius School is first and foremost a Catholic institution promoting the understanding and appreciation of our Catholic faith.
- We have developed our own Catholic Handbook for Children. Priests and deacons visit our classrooms regularly. Saints are celebrated in the morning announcements and children attend/plan weekly masses as well as monthly prayer services. Religion is not simply another subject in the weekly lesson plan; it pervades everything we do and everything we hope to be at St. Aloysius.
- We look forward to welcoming you and your family into the St. Aloysius Catholic Community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences two resource teachers available|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014, 2020|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school uniform required for grades K-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,725|
|Tuition Notes||$5725.00 is for one child at the active parishioner rate. Other rates would apply for multiple children and/or non-parishioner status.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alter Servers, Book Clubs, Cooking Club, Governor's Cup, Patrols, Quick Recall, Student Council, Student Technology Leadership Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir
- Strong Catholic School with ties to the parish and community at large.
- Part of the Archdiocese of Louisville but the only Catholic school in all of Oldham County.
- Active PTO, Women's Club and Men's Club.
- Call or visit and you'll feel right at home!
We have had children at St. Aloysius for five years and it was the best decision we could have made for their education, personal development and well-being. The faculty and staff are not only nurturing but are also innovative and committed to their own continuing education. It's a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence committed to maintaining that status and it's very conveniently located in Pewee Valley, just 3.5 miles from the Gene Snyder. My daughters have personally been involved in school sports, art club, choir, Girl Scouts, STEM activities and Summer Camp. Also, there is a weekly Girls Group for 4th and 5th grade girls hosted by the school counselor to address self-esteem, anti-bullying and personal issues which are critical at that age. The school community is very welcoming and we have made life-long friends with many families at St. Aloysius. I'm so grateful we found this school.
- Posted by Parent - Dawn Robbins
St. Aloysius is the BEST school in town! The Catholic education provided is top-notch. The core curriculum is innovative and engaging. My children benefit from the small class size. The personal attention they receive is one of the reasons this school feels like a family. Being a small school, it is amazing that they can provide enrichment classes to challenge higher achieving students as well as interventions to meet the needs of those that need a little extra support. We couldn't be any happier at St. Aloysius.
- Posted by Parent - one happy mom
St. Aloysius is a wonderful school community fostering the true values of early education and faith. Students thrive in an environment where clearly the faculty, staff and teachers function as a team. Students are encouraged daily in academics, and challenged to be their individual best. In addition, St. Aloysius offers a on-site after school care program assisting parents with careers.
- Posted by Parent - mille13
St Aloysius is a terrific school! The teachers are extremely knowledgeable and nurturing towards their students. The principle fosters a Christ centered environment and balances rigorous academics with personal care. At St Aloysius, we are all part of one large family. We love it here!
- Posted by Parent - gandc
The faculty and staff of St. Aloysius continuously work to improve the academics, extracurricular activities, and the overall success of the school while always keeping what is best for the students at the forefront. Students are challenged at each academic level to gain knowledge, self-reliance and virtues.
- Posted by Parent - kelle
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.