Covenant Classical Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Covenant Classical Academy is a full-time classical Christian K-12 school and one of more than 200 private schools across the nation implementing this purposeful, powerful and proven method of education that inspires students to become thoughtful, disciplined and engaged learners who are encouraged to love God and to be captivated by His created world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,365|
|Tuition Notes||Half-Day Kindergarten - $3300 Grades 7-12 $6550|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||R. Lance Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cross Country, Fencing, SoccerArchery, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Chorus|
- The Covenant Classical Academy approach to education is based upon an ancient method called The Trivium. This method is the 3-part process of training in grammar, dialectic, and rhetoric; at the same time, The Trivium imparts the basic skills of math, logic, and language. Our aim is to teach our children within the context of a covenant community a community of God`s people, bonded together by His love for us and our love for one another. Thus, bound to serve Him and each other, we fulfill the covenant responsibility our Lord gives to us in His great commission.
- People that viewed Covenant Classical Academy also viewed these schools: Beth Haven Christian School, Kentucky Country Day School, Louisville Collegiate School, St Margaret Mary School and Christian Academy Of Louisville (Christian Academy School System).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LouisvilleGrades: K-12 | 189 students
5515 Johnsontown Road
Louisville, KY 40272
- LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 956 students
4100 Springdale Rd
Louisville, KY 40241
- LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 647 students
2427 Glenmary Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
- LouisvilleGrades: K-8 | 698 students
7813 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
- LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 2382 students
700 S English Station Road
Louisville, KY 40245
The quality of teachers is second to none. They care about each child as if they are their own.
- Posted by Parent - bsq61
CCA is by far the finest school I could recommend in every area. Their teaching is centered on a challenging yet rewarding classical education with a consistent focus on Christ. I would highly encourage any parent to give CCA serious consideration. If you have any concerns feel free to call me (Mike) at (270) 300-1571 and I will be happy to share some of my positive experiences with the students and faculty.
- Posted by Parent - micha
As a mother of an elementary and a high school student I cannot say enough good things about "our" school. If you are looking for a small school where your child will be treated as part of a family, where teachers actually care about your child, where children not only learn academics but also strong leadership and life skills. Then CCA is the school for you. Your child will be challenged to not only learn academics but they actually learn how to think and apply what they have learned.
- Posted by Parent - fancy
Cannot ask for more from a school. Very challenging academically with a dedicated staff that cares about developing the whole child with a Christian worldview foundation. We have been very pleased with the results.
- Posted by Parent - renee
My child is a 3rd grade student, and has been at CCA since Kindergarten. I am continually amazed at what he has learned, and how high ranks in education each year on a national scale. Most importantly, his education is completely Christ-centered, as he is taught how to see God in all his studies. In fact, when he was taught that he was created by God and for His glory alone in the first week of Kindergarten, what more could you possibly ask for?
- Posted by Parent - dougr
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.