Portland Christian School
- Portland Christian School is not a substitute for the Christian home or Christian parents or congregational activity, but is a supplement.
- We believe education concerns the whole nature of man--body, mind and spirit.
- To educate and train this mind and this body to the neglect of the spiritual nature is the sad weakness of public education.
- It is in man's spiritual nature that he is most like or unlike God who created him to be in His image.
- The greatest tool in the hands of man for the education of his spirit is the Bible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten $7040 1-6 $7740 7-8 $7940 9-12 $8290|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jodell Seay|
|Admissions Associate||Kellie Pledger|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Apologetics Club, Chess Club, Ecology Club, Engineering Club, Lego Club, National Honor Society
- Portland Christian School is not a substitute for the Christian home or Christian parents or congregational activity, but is a supplement. We believe education concerns the whole nature of man--body, mind and spirit. To educate and train this mind and this body to the neglect of the spiritual nature is the sad weakness of public education. It is in man's spiritual nature that he is most like or unlike God who created him to be in His image. The greatest tool in the hands of man for the education of his spirit is the Bible.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 1765 students
700 S English Station Road
Louisville, KY 40245
(502) 244-3225 6 PK-12
- Louisville Grades: NS-5 | 251 students
4200 Lime Kiln Lane
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 425-6904 3.4 NS-5
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 676 students
2427 Glenmary Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 479-0340 6.9 PK-12
I loved this school. It took me in under its wing and I felt like I would never leave. I wish I could go back.Sincerely,Colby Geyer
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Colby Geyer
We home-schooled our children for several years and decided they needed something different. So we sent our son to this school as a 7th grader. This has been a wonderful school and experience for him. We are planning to send his younger sister next year also. They show kindness and love. I can't speak to every teacher being the best or anything, but the facility is nice and our son enjoys it. God is a focus and the principal is great. The teachers and staff I have met make me feel welcome. I wish my finances were such that I could work there because it is a great environment. Portland is much more reasonably priced then some other christian schools and I feel my son is getting everything he needs from a school.
- Posted by Parent - Dan