Academy For Individual Excellence
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The Academy for Individual Excellence is a family oriented school which strives to create a natural environment that is low risk and conducive to high motivation and self-direction.
- This environment fosters a child's natural love for learning and allows each child to be inspired, and, in return, to inspire others.
- By emphasizing basic skills, the dedicated and caring staff lay the foundation for the well-rounded, lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- The Academy's approach to its diverse student population is unique in that each child is allowed to be evaluated according to their ability.
- Our goal is individual success; the reward is high self-esteem and valuable life skills.
- The Academy for Individual Excellence creates life-long learners. It will continue to produce young people prepared to accept the challenges facing youth whether it be in a vocation, career training, or higher education.
- This will continue to be accomplished by enhancing and maintaining the principles, techniques, and curriculum that foster strong character and work ethic.
- This empowers its students to make appropriate choices exemplifying responsibility and accountability.
- The Academy for Individual Excellence is prepared to be seen as a successful education model that encompasses the needs of a variety of students, including those students at risk.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 647 students
2427 Glenmary Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
- LouisvilleGrades: K-12 | 138 students
11501 Schlatter Road
Louisville, KY 40291
- LouisvilleGrades: KG-12 | 240 students
4238 Westport Rd
Louisville, KY 40207
- LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 956 students
4100 Springdale Rd
Louisville, KY 40241
- LouisvilleGrades: KG-12 | 219 students
5400 Minor Ln
Louisville, KY 40219
My daughter struggles with many things in her life and we have tried several schools and none have felt quiet right. Once we came across AIE we knew this was where she needed to be. Everyone in this school from administration, to teachers, to the kids treat each other like they are a part of your family. We felt so passionate about what they are doing with our daughter that we moved our son from parochial schools and placed him at AIE, and he has excelled. The environment is one of inclusion, understanding, and love. I never thought that I would be able to have all my children, both typically developing and delayed, in the same school and have this feeling of complete peace every time I drop them off for school. Many people have a misunderstanding that AIE is a place for children with learning disabilities or other challenges, and I thought this as well at first, but have now learned that Academy is a school for kids, not special kids, not typical kids, but all kids. True they do facilitate the needs of many students that have fallen behind in some ways, but above that I now feel that they give the typical boys and girls that attend, the large majority, a sense of compassion, understanding, and caring that most schools these days fail to provide. They allow the children with more needs, like my daughter, to grow and develop to her fullest potential, whatever that may be, in an environment that is not judgmental nor pitiful but rather is done by building them up and letting them know they are apart of the school family as much as anyone else. I now feel more important than even that they also allow the typical child, like my son, to learn in a way that is a little different, and very effective, while at the same time teaching him that it doesn't matter how much money one has, or if they learn more slowly than you, or if they look different, but all that matters is treating everyone with respect and kindness. These are the things that these kids will have with them for the rest of their lives that few places give our kids. Anyone reading this I encourage you to have an open mind and know that the people that operate this school do so because they are passionate about what they do and they care about every kid there. If you are looking for a school that is just like every other one this is not for you, but if you are looking for a place to send your child to make them not just a good student but a good person then I assure you there is no place better than AIE.
- Posted by Parent - dusti
I cannot say enough "GOOD" about this school. My daugther is hearing impaired (cochlear implant) and began attending AIE in the 2011-2012 school year. AMAZING! My daughter LOVES school and is thriving at AIE. The small class sizes and loving, caring environment have enriched not only my daughter's experience--our whole family is smitten. I can honestly say that even if I was a millionaire and could afford to send my daughter anywhere...I would still want her to attend AIE.
- Posted by Parent - king1
We wanted our daughter to attend a private school and after several years of struggling in the Catholic school system, we found AIE. The small classroom sizes are extremely beneficial for children seeking attention. Each child is given individual attention and are encouraged to work at or above potential. The integration of learning disorder children and average students is a plus. This environment teaches children to tolerate those with less abilities as well as utilize the average students as role models. The staff is capable of handling any and all situations. It is apparent they care for each and every student. Not many schools can say they know each and every student by name as well as their parent(s) name.
- Posted by Parent - lkrau
My son has just blossomed since starting in AIE 2 1/2 years ago. The staff is really knowledgeable and caring. They know how to teach so the children actually LEARN and not just remember stuff enough to take a test and forget it after. My son has Aspergers and I never thought he'd be able to play on any sports team, but EVERY child is welcomed on the teams and skill development and helping each other is emphasized over winning. I only wish I'd found this school when my son was just starting school and not starting 4th grade.
- Posted by Parent - marye
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.