- You have the opportunity to give your child an extraordinary gift – the gift of an education that’s both challenging and joyful, academically rigorous while socially enriching.
- Guided by a unique philosophy that emphasizes learning through discovery and building self-esteem, your child will realize his or true potential and develop a lifetime love of learning.
- Virginia Chance School is an independent school for children ages two through fifth grade.
- Our doors open wide and invite you to discover firsthand what make Chance such an outstanding and fulfilling place to learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery, Art Outside the Box, Chorus, Clay, Computer Coding, Escape Artists, Green Team, Horseback Riding, Kickboxing, Outdoor Club, Private Piano, Violin and Cello Lessons, Roots & Shoots, Swimming, Yoga Archery, Chorus, Clay, Escape Artists, Green Team, Kickboxing, Outdoor Club, Roots & Shoots, Swimming, Yoga, Art Outside the Box,
Private Piano, Violin and Cello Lessons,
- Our Vision To ignite and instill confidence and skills to excel in a global and changing environment Mission Statement
- Virginia Chance School is an independent school that serves children ages 2 through 5th grade. As a diverse community of learners, we commit to excellence and respect through a joyful, challenging and progressive program. With an intentional whole-child approach to education, each individual reaches his/her cognitive, social, emotional, moral and physical potential. Chance students graduate as confident, inquisitive learners prepared to engage productively with their world. Philosophy Statement Childhood is a continuous and unfolding process. All children advance through stages of development cognitively, socially, emotionally, morally and physically, and benefit from developing positive attitudes about learning and living in a democratic society. Therefore, at Virginia Chance School: We believe in creating a learning environment that is welcoming and provides a culture of mutual respect. Our environment instills a joy of learning by encouraging and supporting curiosity, discovery, creativity and an open exchange of ideas through collaboration and cooperation. We believe learning and experience are inseparable. Day by day we empower children to construct knowledge through active engagement, hands-on learning and social interaction. Learning opportunities are relevant because children benefit from making connections to the real world. We believe in guiding children with dignity and respect. By using positive discipline and respectful language, Chance students are empowered to solve problems and to become responsible citizens. We believe children benefit from having a voice. Choices and decision-making blended with routines and expectations create a culture for optimal learning and develop the foundation of habits, skills and attitudes. We believe in nurturing self-reliance and self-confidence daily. A strong sense of self is vital to being an engaged learner and healthy participant in one’s learning journey. We believe that teachers, as facilitators, guide, support and challenge learners to work toward reaching their full potential in all areas of development. We believe in honoring the uniqueness of each individual. By acknowledging and celebrating diversity, we encourage the acceptance of ourselves and others while enriching the learning environment. We believe in establishing a sense of community by having a partnership between home and school. Together educators, administrators and parents contribute to the life of the school in ways that benefit young children. I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand. Chinese Proverb
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LouisvilleGrades: KG-12 | 240 students
4238 Westport Rd
Louisville, KY 40207
LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 956 students
4100 Springdale Rd
Louisville, KY 40241
LouisvilleGrades: PK-8 | 153 students
8005 New LaGrange Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
LouisvilleGrades: 1-8 | 209 students
3023 Melbourne Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
LouisvilleGrades: PK-12 | 413 students
3101 Bluebird Ln
Louisville, KY 40299
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.