- Pitt Academy provides a safe, nurturing school environment and an individualized curriculum that allows students to realize their full potential and to develop the skills necessary to become more independent and productive members of society. Pitt Academy is fully accredited by the Kentucky Non-Public Schools Commission, Inc. We are an independent K-12 Archdiocesan school with non-denominational enrollment policy.
- We focus on a child's abilities, not his or her disabilities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, Asperger|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirt and khaki/navy pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call or visit the school's website for current tuition rates|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, SwimmingBasketball, Bowling,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Pitt Academy is fully accredited by the Kentucky Non-Public Schools Commission, Inc. We are an independent K-12 Archdiocesan school with a non-denominational enrollment policy. We see our students as individuals with a unique pattern of strengths, learning styles and challenges. We focus on a child's abilities, not his or her disabilites. The environment at Pitt Academy gives students every opportunity to reach their own academic, social and creative potential in a learning environment that meets the needs and abilities of each student.
- Our individualized program, adapted curriculum, outstanding instructors and vibrant community are committeed to helping our students develop the skills and self-confidence necessary to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: K-8 | 160 students
1925 Duker Ave
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 459-6131 5.9 K-8
- Louisville Grades: 1-8 | 200 students
3023 Melbourne Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
(502) 456-5819 3.9 1-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.