Tel: (502) 456-5819
The mission of Meredith-Dunn School is to provide prescriptive instruction designed to empower students who learn differently, in becoming competent learners and resilient individuals.
The Meredith-Dunn School community embraces a child-centered philosophy that recognizes the learning potential of each of our students.
We value each student as an individual with a unique pattern of strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles.
Our educational program is personalized in both content and approach to support student growth academically, socially and emotionally.
Meredith-dunn School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, reading disorders, language-based learning disabilities , dysgraphia, ADHD, non-verbal learning disability, auditory processing, math disorders|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,530|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anne Eddins|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Ukelele Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The mission of Meredith-Dunn School is to provide prescriptive instruction designed to empower students who learn differently in becoming competent learners and resilient individuals. The Meredith-Dunn School community embraces a child-centered philosophy that recognizes the learning potential of each of our students. We value each student as an individual with a unique pattern of strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles, and help them achieve to their greatest learning potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: K-8 | 160 students
1925 Duker Ave
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 459-6131 4.1 K-8
- Louisville Grades: K-12 | 51 students
7515 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 966-6979 3.9 K-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.