The de Paul School
- The de Paul School teaches students with learning differences how to learn, how to become independent, and how to succeed.
- We offer a 50-Year history of acclaimed and impacting instruction in structured literacy, unlocking student brilliance in reading and writing.
- The broad and challenging course of study includes reading, spelling, writing, literature, mathematics, science, social studies, computer skills, physical education, social skills and values, and library skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences, ADD / ADHD or Attentional Difficulties, Organizational Difficulties, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia / Mathematics-based Difficulties, Auditory Processing Difficulties, Mild Sensory Integration Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is for a two-week session with all supplies included.|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Collared shirts, nice slacks or skirts, respectable and professional appearance)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition actually ranges from $8100 to $17,100 and financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Erin Whicker|
|Admissions Associate||Carlos Mason Wehby|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
- One of the nation's preeminent independent schools for students with language-based learning differences, ADHD, processing disorders, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia. We remediate student deficits and therefore prepare them for academic and social successes in their next schools. Over 95% of our students depart for their schools of first choce! Call or visit to learn more about The de Paul Difference!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: 1-8 | 209 students
3023 Melbourne Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
(502)456-5819 4.1 1-8
- Louisville Grades: K-12
7515 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40222
(502)966-6979 5.9 K-12
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.