The de Paul School
- The de Paul School teaches students with learning differences how to learn, how to become independent, and how to succeed.
- We offer a 50-Year history of acclaimed and impacting instruction in structured literacy, unlocking student brilliance in reading and writing.
- The broad and challenging course of study includes reading, spelling, writing, literature, mathematics, science, social studies, computer skills, physical education, social skills and values, and library skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences, ADD / ADHD or Attentional Difficulties, Organizational Difficulties, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia / Mathematics-based Difficulties, Auditory Processing Difficulties, Mild Sensory Integration Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is for a two-week session with all supplies included.|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Collared shirts, nice slacks or skirts, respectable and professional appearance)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition actually ranges from $8100 to $17,100 and financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Erin Whicker|
|Admissions Associate||Carlos Mason Wehby|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
- One of the nation's preeminent independent schools for students with language-based learning differences, ADHD, processing disorders, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia. We remediate student deficits and therefore prepare them for academic and social successes in their next schools. Over 95% of our students depart for their schools of first choce! Call or visit to learn more about The de Paul Difference!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: 1-8 | 209 students
3023 Melbourne Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
(502)456-5819 4.1 1-8
- Louisville Grades: K-12
7515 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40222
(502)966-6979 5.9 K-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.