Saint John Catholic School
Saint John Catholic School Photo #3 - The 2012-2013 St John Catholic School FIRST Robotics team accepting their awards at the Charleston Regional Qualifier.
Saint John Catholic School Photo #4 - Our 2012-2013 3rd & 4th Graders participate in a reading webinar via SmartBoard.
Saint John Catholic School Photo #5 - SJCS students and families gather with their pets (or stuffed animals) for our annual blessing of the pets.
- The heart of Saint John Catholic School is Christian Community.
- Our primary focus is the children under our care. Our commitment is to provide a safe, secure and caring environment where faith formation, gospel values and a strong academic foundation can flourish.
- In such an environment, we strive to guide each child to grow and develop to full potential.
- Daily prayer, service to others, self-discipline, a sense of social justice, personal responsibility and conflict resolution skills are vital components of our entire school program.
- Our school community recognizes and embraces the cultural, social, economic and religious differences that exist in our school and in the world.
- We strive to instill in each child an inherent self worth and respect for all people.
- The faculty and staff of Saint John Catholic School recognize the uniqueness of each child, acknowledging that children learn in different ways and at a different pace.
- Therefore, our curriculum includes a variety of learning levels and techniques, teaching basic skills as well as critical thinking and problem solving.
- We accept and support the needs of individual students and strive to meet these needs whenever possible.
- Our goal is to encourage every student to do their best to develop their God-given abilities in caring, supportive and non-competitive environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum/Gifted / ADD / ADHD / Others|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki / SJCS Plaid with SJCS Logo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by status as active Catholic and number of children enrolled. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Durand|
|Admissions Associate||Jeannette Dangerfield|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Charleston Grades: NS | 70 students
8310 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC 29418
(843)552-4105 8 NS
- Columbia Grades: 1-12 | 104 students
1500 Hallbrook Dr
Columbia, SC 29209
(803)695-1400 93.3 1-12
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 863 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 8 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.