Saint John Catholic School
The 2012-2013 St John Catholic School FIRST Robotics team accepting their awards at the Charleston Regional Qualifier.
SJCS students and families gather with their pets (or stuffed animals) for our annual blessing of the pets.
- The heart of Saint John Catholic School is Christian Community.
- Our primary focus is the children under our care. Our commitment is to provide a safe, secure and caring environment where faith formation, gospel values and a strong academic foundation can flourish.
- In such an environment, we strive to guide each child to grow and develop to full potential.
- Daily prayer, service to others, self-discipline, a sense of social justice, personal responsibility and conflict resolution skills are vital components of our entire school program.
- Our school community recognizes and embraces the cultural, social, economic and religious differences that exist in our school and in the world.
- We strive to instill in each child an inherent self worth and respect for all people.
- The faculty and staff of Saint John Catholic School recognize the uniqueness of each child, acknowledging that children learn in different ways and at a different pace.
- Therefore, our curriculum includes a variety of learning levels and techniques, teaching basic skills as well as critical thinking and problem solving.
- We accept and support the needs of individual students and strive to meet these needs whenever possible.
- Our goal is to encourage every student to do their best to develop their God-given abilities in caring, supportive and non-competitive environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum/Gifted / ADD / ADHD / Others|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki / SJCS Plaid with SJCS Logo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by status as active Catholic and number of children enrolled. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Durand|
|Admissions Associate||Jeannette Dangerfield|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||LEGO League LEGO League,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SummervilleGrades: NS-12 | 805 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
- SummervilleGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
226 Black Oak Blvd
Summerville, SC 29485
- CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
7 Saint Teresa Dr
Charleston, SC 29407
- HanahanGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
1104 Fort Dr
Hanahan, SC 29410
- North CharlestonGrades: NS-K | 70 students
8310 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC 29418
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.