- The heart of Saint John Catholic School is Christian Community.
- Our primary focus is the children under our care. Our commitment is to provide a safe, secure and caring environment where faith formation, gospel values and a strong academic foundation can flourish.
- In such an environment, we strive to guide each child to grow and develop to full potential.
- Daily prayer, service to others, self-discipline, a sense of social justice, personal responsibility and conflict resolution skills are vital components of our entire school program.
- Our school community recognizes and embraces the cultural, social, economic and religious differences that exist in our school and in the world.
- We strive to instill in each child an inherent self worth and respect for all people.
- The faculty and staff of Saint John Catholic School recognize the uniqueness of each child, acknowledging that children learn in different ways and at a different pace.
- Therefore, our curriculum includes a variety of learning levels and techniques, teaching basic skills as well as critical thinking and problem solving.
- We accept and support the needs of individual students and strive to meet these needs whenever possible.
- Our goal is to encourage every student to do their best to develop their God-given abilities in caring, supportive and non-competitive environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum/Gifted / ADD / ADHD / Others|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki / SJCS Plaid with SJCS Logo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by status as active Catholic and number of children enrolled. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Durand|
|Admissions Associate||Jeannette Dangerfield|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||LEGO League LEGO League,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SummervilleGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
226 Black Oak Blvd
Summerville, SC 29485
CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
7 Saint Teresa Dr
Charleston, SC 29407
HanahanGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
1104 Fort Dr
Hanahan, SC 29410
North CharlestonGrades: NS-K | 70 students
8310 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC 29418
Goose CreekGrades: PK-12 | 811 students
104 Charger Drive
Goose Creek, SC 29486