5.00 (1 review)
- Sankalpa Academy is a small, secular private school in Austin, Texas that pursues excellence in early childhood education.
- Sankalpa provides purposeful education for life through awareness. At Sankalpa, education is holistic, foundational and individualized.
- Every child receives a gifted education through an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- We achieve this through an assessment of a child's developmental climate and core competencies.
- This understanding is used to design learning experiences that are meaningful and foundational.
- Our individualized curriculum is carefully crafted by our master teachers, so every child works at a level that is most relevant and appropriate for him/her.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
- Life outcomes typically correlate more to core competencies such as passion, creativity, empathy, cognition and resilience than to years in school or college. This is why we find that frontiers of knowledge and ability are very often advanced by those who are rich in one or more of these capacities. And yet, despite evidence that one can design experiences to develop and strengthen these competencies, these are rarely the direct objectives of a curriculum. Isn't that very frustrating? If you believe, like us, that the promise of our children 's potential is too valuable to be left to osmosis, then, it may be time to take a closer look at Sankalpa Academy!
- Sankalpa Academy is a private school in the Mueller neighborhood that pursues excellence in early childhood education. At Sankalpa, every child receives a gifted education through an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). At the heart of each child's foundational learning experiences and ILP is our holistic model for the learning cycle. It us built around the child's environment, engagement, belief systems and six competencies. We believe that purposeful achievement and belonging give children a strong sense of joy and pride and thus strengthen the cycle of further engagement and growth
- While we currently serve children ages 3 to 8, we will be adding an additional grade each year.
- Our mission is to develop authentic seekers and change makers who pursue purposeful lives that are anchored in awareness and self-actualization.
- - explore our detailed offering at https://www.sankalpa-academy.org/programs/
- - stimulating and uplifting environment for children ages 3-8 years old
- - a personal champion for every child, to provide emotional engagement and to intimately understand and monitor his/her aptitudes, abilities and development opportunities and plans
- - education is holistic, foundational and individualized: facilitated by master guides, cognitive psychologist and yoga/meditation teachers
- - culture that focuses on character, resilience and a growth mindset, where failures are recognized as opportunities and stepping stones
- - integrated curriculum that monitors the child`s learning environment as well as core competencies
- - Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs) for every child; curricular objectives and programming is monitored periodically for relevance and refinement
- - deep, blended Socratic learning with carefully crafted scaffolding
- - honest exploration of existential questions and the gift of time
- - culture, community and curricular programs such as team sports help build a sense of camaraderie and purpose
- - efficient use of children`s time with meaningful, yet minimal homework
- - relevant and purposeful parent education and faculty development programs
- please also review our FAQ at: https://www.sankalpa-academy.org/faq for more details Purposeful achievement and belonging give our children a strong sense of joy and pride and thus strengthen the cycle of further engagement and learning.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: PK-12 | 545 students
5110 Manor Rd
Austin, TX 78723
(512)926-1737 0.9 PK-12
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 48 students
1507 Wilshire Blvd
Austin, TX 78722
(512)524-0085 1 K-12
- Austin Grades: Inquire with school | 45 students
1507 Wilshire Blvd
Austin, TX 78722
(512)524-0085 1 Inquire with school
- Austin Grades: PK-K | 36 students
1941 Webberville Rd
Austin, TX 78721
(512)926-4214 1.5 PK-K
Our child has had an exceptional experience at Sankalpa. The teachers excel at creating a loving and supportive environment while challenging the kids to pursue their curiosity and develop their creativity. They truly apply the individualized approach to learning that is central to the school's philosophy, and also place a much-needed emphasis on social and emotional learning. Our child also loves and has really benefitted from the daily yoga class. I cannot recommend Sankalpa highly enough!
- Posted by Parent - Edward G.
Identifying or evaluating private schools is the second part of the private school search process. This hub aggregates more than twenty-five articles that deal with this topic with the hope that they will help you search for the right private school for your child.
Sooner or later you ought to consider a single-sex school as opposed to a traditional coeducational school. Why? For several reasons.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.